|This article is about Marinette's great-uncle. You may be looking for Master Wang Fu.|
|“||Cheng Shifu isn't just a chef—he's an artist! He told me he was going to put flowers in his Celestial Soup. He said he improvises on fateful things that come his way.||”|
Wang Cheng (also called Cheng Shifu, meaning "Master Cheng") is a famous Chinese chef, Sabine's uncle and Marinette's great uncle. In "Kung Food", after Chloé sabotages his Celestial Soup and makes him lose the World's Greatest Chef contest, he is infected with an akuma by Hawk Moth and becomes Kung Food, a food-based supervillain.
Wang Cheng is at a medium height, and he is overweight, having short black hair and brown eyes. His eyebrows are long and thick, and he has a small mustache beneath his nose, as well as a small beard on the tip of his chin.
He wears a chef uniform, which includes a white chef hat, a light gray shirt with sleeves rolled to his elbows and four buttons on the left side, and light gray pants. His shoes are black, and he carries a brown leather side satchel, the strap going over his left shoulder.
As Kung Food
Kung Food has dull purple skin, golden sclerae, and dark red eyes. There are red marks on his forehead, around his mouth, and around his chin. His eyebrows are thick silver markings with curled ends. His hair, mustache, and beard are blond, his hair spiky and wildly pointing upwards. He still wears his chef hat and his satchel, the side of his satchel now bearing a brown mandarin symbol, which means "Kung Food," within a circle. He wears an orange gi with short, tattered sleeves and a dark brown collar, along with a black belt wrapped around his waist. On the right side of his chest, there is a red circle with a white outline and white Mandarin characters which read "Kung Food" inside. There are black strands of fabric wrapped around his lower legs, and his shoes are black with tan bottoms.
Wang is soft-spoken, respectful, and pleasant. He appreciates the kindness of his great-niece Marinette, and he works hard at cooking. He struggles with failure, and he doesn't like being tricked.
As Kung Food, he is vengeful and furious, displeased with Chloé for ruining his soup and planning to get back at her by cooking her into a soup that he calls Brat Soup.
As a civilian
Wang is an excellent cook, who wins the title of The World's Greatest Chef. His most notable dish is Celestial Soup, which he would later rename Marinette Soup after his great-niece. While his native language is Chinese, he is able to speak a little English, although he states his abilities are terrible.
As Kung Food
Everybody who tasted Kung Food's tampered soup prior to him being akumatized is brought under his control as minions, and gain enhanced martial arts abilities. As a sign of this, their eyes become dark brown/dark ochre. Kung Food also can create any food-based weapon he desires with his satchel. He can either wield these weapons himself or give them to his minions.
The objects and weapons he produced include:
- A flying rice ball that can record footage to project a hologram to Kung Food or project a hologram of Kung Food to others.
- A mace made out of seafood.
- A flail made out of potatoes, sausages, lettuce and carrots.
- A crossbow made of cheese that fires stinky cheese bombs.
- A bow and arrows made out of candy.
- Tonfas made out of maki sushi.
- A sword made out of pepperoni pizza.
= Gender Unknown
- The lineage of Sabine Cheng's parents and uncle is uncertain.
- In China, wives do not usually take on their husband's surname, keeping their own. Children usually take the father's surname.
- During a 2018 Miraculous panel at Ludicomix, Thomas Astruc reveals that Marinette has a Marinette's grandfather|grandfather but it's currently unknown if he's from Tom's or Sabine's side.
Wang meets his great-niece when he visits her house before the World's Greatest Chef contest. While it's not initially obvious to Marinette, Wang cares for her and appreciates her kindness and hospitality. He uses the flowers she gives him in his soup and, after losing the contest, realizes that Marinette was right about Chloé sabotaging his dish. When remaking his soup, Wang Cheng shows Marinette how to make it when she requests he show her, and he renames it after her.
Prior to visiting Paris, Wang was unaware of who Ladybug is. After being akumatized into Kung Food, Hawk Moth explains who Ladybug and Cat Noir are, and Kung Food decides to cook them in his "Brat Soup" in order to give it "superhero flavor."
Wang gets along well with Adrien, conversing with him in Chinese on their drive to Le Grand Paris and telling him how he plans to use Marinette's flower gift to decorate his dish.
Much like with Ladybug, Wang was unaware of who Cat Noir is before visiting Paris and wants to cook him in his soup after becoming Kung Food.
Wang Cheng didn't think much of Chloé until he realizes that she ruined his soup for the contest, much to his anger. When transformed into Kung Food, he has her captured and plans to get revenge on her by cooking her into "Brat Soup".
|Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir Theme Song:||Absent|
|1. "The Bubbler":||Absent||14. "Princess Fragrance":||Absent|
|2. "Mr. Pigeon":||Absent||15. "Ladybug & Cat Noir (Origins - Part 1)":||Absent|
|3. "Stormy Weather":||Absent||16. "Stoneheart (Origins - Part 2)":||Absent|
|4. "Timebreaker":||Absent||17. "Animan":||Absent|
|5. "Copycat":||Absent||18. "Simon Says":||Absent|
|6. "The Pharaoh":||Absent||19. "Pixelator":||Absent|
|7. "Lady Wifi":||Absent||20. "Guitar Villain":||Absent|
|8. "The Evillustrator":||Absent||21. "Kung Food":||Appears|
|9. "Rogercop":||Absent||22. "Gamer":||Absent|
|10. "Dark Cupid":||Absent||23. "Reflekta":||Absent|
|11. "Horrificator":||Absent||24. "The Puppeteer":||Absent|
|12. "Darkblade":||Absent||25. "Antibug":||Absent|
|13. "The Mime":||Absent||26. "Volpina":||Absent|
- Adrien and Hawk Moth both refer to him as an artist.
- Wang is the first akumatized character who doesn't appear in the theme song.
- He was originally meant to appear in the theme song, however, as seen in the animatic.
- Before "Befana", Wang Cheng was the only akumatized character that's related to Marinette.
- As of "Befana", Gina Dupain is the second akumatized character to be related to Marinette.
- Kung Food's face markings are a reference to the Monkey King.
- Kung Food's design might also reference Goku's Super Saiyan form from Dragon Ball Z. Goku's design, in turn, is based on the Monkey King.
Click here to view the gallery.