FANDOM


  • This is the official discussion thread for S2E9, "Glaciator".

    Post and share your thoughts on the episode here. You will not need to mark spoilers in this thread.

      Loading editor
    • I will freak out if they show reair of some episode tomorrow instead of Glaciatior. -_-

        Loading editor
    • I still think it will be the ice cream villain and not Frozer.

        Loading editor
    • MrLazarV wrote:
      I will freak out if they show reair of some episode tomorrow instead of Glaciatior. -_-

      Well, I think we can start freaking out now... The episode they are showing is Audiomatrix....

      And later, Gigantitan

        Loading editor
    • I don't understand why they can't broadcast one episode a week... I think our only hope is Spain and Portugal.

        Loading editor
    • I've been searching through Youtube,Dailymotion and even the general internet and there is nothing to be found.It doesn't appear to have a trailer.Are they trying to troll us or is the episode so important that they couldn't realease a trailer?

        Loading editor
    • ThatOneFan420 wrote:
      I've been searching through Youtube,Dailymotion and even the general internet and there is nothing to be found.It doesn't appear to have a trailer.Are they trying to troll us or is the episode so important that they couldn't realease a trailer?

      Tfou changed their schedule last minute once again so there was no new episode today and thus no new trailer :/

      Seriously, the whole random airing without a clear schedule is just really tiring 

        Loading editor
    • I agree. It seems like the fandom is REALLY indignant about it. Just look at twitter lol.

        Loading editor
    • Xoxoxoooo wrote:
      ThatOneFan420 wrote:
      I've been searching through Youtube,Dailymotion and even the general internet and there is nothing to be found.It doesn't appear to have a trailer.Are they trying to troll us or is the episode so important that they couldn't realease a trailer?
      Tfou changed their schedule last minute once again so there was no new episode today and thus no new trailer :/

      Seriously, the whole random airing without a clear schedule is just really tiring 

      Im starting to think we overestimated the size of their appreciation for us 

        Loading editor
    • I hope they will realise their mistake and notice how much they screwed up by doing this. It's dowright rude for them to change last minute.

        Loading editor
    • It is okey if they change things, but the only thing I ask are that they give us clear awnsers of why they did it and when the next episode will come.

      Since at the moment i am checking every 5 minutes if their is already news, when the episode will air!!!.

      I love it so much, but the uncertainly of when an episode is coming is killing me!!!!

      So please if someone find out tell us!!!! I dont even care anymore wich language it is

        Loading editor
    • I agree. If they at least did release 1 episode a week, I would so not conplain..

        Loading editor
    • I really hope it will come on December 24, but probably Christmas Special again...

        Loading editor
    • i doubt TFOU are going to air a new episode before new year, so i guess the fastest would be january 7 :/. i really hope they're going to stick to their originally planned weekly schedule after the holydays, but with TFOU, you seriously never know (they always change things last minute though, and with every series, not just ML)

      and there is still disney spain (and portugal), so i have teeny weeny bit of hope that they are going to surprise us and release a new episode before TFOU. 

        Loading editor
    • The explanation of TFOU about the delay in showing new episodes.

      Glaciator Delayed Reason

      "Unfortunately, we could not show the expected episode because it simply was not given to us." We understand the disappointment of the fans of the series and are seriously concerned about it.

      We wanted to show as many episodes as possible by the end of the year and as early as possible. Therefore, we ran the show immediately after we received the episodes, acting much more freely than usual.

      The creator of the series has set a very high bar for the development of events in the second season. For this reason, he interrupted the show in order to personally monitor the process and make sure that the result will meet the expectations.

      We will try to show the episodes as soon as possible in 2018 after the Christmas holidays. We will keep you informed of any changes in the program.

      We are always ready to answer your questions and find out your opinions about our shows. We wish you a good vacation at the end of the year. "


      So, long story short, don't expect new episodes to be premiered this year but instead from January onward. The same thing goes for Spain, Portugal & Brazil.

        Loading editor
    • Aw man...

        Loading editor
    • We get few week break for France.

        Loading editor
    • At least it's better than them rushing it and then people complaining about it...

        Loading editor
    • BelieveInMagic814 wrote:
      At least it's better than them rushing it and then people complaining about it...

      True. They should've sent out the message sooner explaining the issue, but I can't complain. I appreciate them admitting this mistake, one that sounds like it came from producers and not the broadcasters. I hope there'll be more honesty and quick response in the future, though it doesn't excuse any fans who were harrassing the broadcasters, crew members, or fan accounts. One can tell how popular this series has gotten when schedule removals like these are considered notable.

        Loading editor
    • To be honest, the way Glaciator's powers are described in the episode description make me... quite uncomfortable. I actually worry how it'll be presented... hopefully his victims just like, become giant inanimate scoops of ice cream that just happens to melt. Doubt it, but I'd be significantly less disturbed if that were the case

        Loading editor
    • RieSonomura wrote:
      To be honest, the way Glaciator's powers are described in the episode description make me... quite uncomfortable. I actually worry how it'll be presented... hopefully his victims just like, become giant inanimate scoops of ice cream that just happens to melt. Doubt it, but I'd be significantly less disturbed if that were the case

      Now that you say that all I can picture is a Pixelator-style thing happening where Ladybug's arm and leg get turned to ice cream and Cat Noir just has some unhelpful pun for her and gets the evil eye for his trouble in trying to lighten the mood and I can't stop laughing.

        Loading editor
    • Thearomalady wrote:
      RieSonomura wrote:
      To be honest, the way Glaciator's powers are described in the episode description make me... quite uncomfortable. I actually worry how it'll be presented... hopefully his victims just like, become giant inanimate scoops of ice cream that just happens to melt. Doubt it, but I'd be significantly less disturbed if that were the case
      Now that you say that all I can picture is a Pixelator-style thing happening where Ladybug's arm and leg get turned to ice cream and Cat Noir just has some unhelpful pun for her and gets the evil eye for his trouble in trying to lighten the mood and I can't stop laughing.


      And now I'm imagining Chloe's hair getting hit and having the mother of all "Do you know how much getting my hair done cost?!" rants XD


      Or should I say, meltdow-- bricked

        Loading editor
    • OHMYGOSH! People getting turned into actual ice cream and melting! Yeesh! I can see now why he would be in the Heroes' Day special. For black comedy I would see a dog or a cat starting to lick someone turned into ice cream. Though I hope we won't see that...

        Loading editor
    • I know, but this episode is trying to make me nervous. Turning people into ice cream and melting gives me nightmares. I hope the nightmare fuel is really scares me nervous.

        Loading editor
    • Yeah, it's horrifying but there's always a chance there's a mistranslation or something, like with "Riposte" where it was said she grabbed her akuma-filled rapier in a rage. I'm guessing they get turned into ice cream-shaped effigys, so it's less horrifying to see, and there's only a threat of melting, not actual melting. Kinda like if you made a colourful snowman version of them.

      More importantly, why isn't this episode called Glaceator? As in "creme glacee"?

        Loading editor
    • Is melting more horrifying than getting effectively deleted? (like Timebreaker's victims)

        Loading editor
    • Son of Nemesis34 wrote:
      Is melting more horrifying than getting effectively deleted? (like Timebreaker's victims)

      In a sense, yeah. it's like how a character being disfigured or tortured is arguably more horrifying than them being killed.

        Loading editor
    • Thearomalady wrote:
      Son of Nemesis34 wrote:
      Is melting more horrifying than getting effectively deleted? (like Timebreaker's victims)
      In a sense, yeah. it's like how a character being disfigured or tortured is arguably more horrifying than them being killed.

      Fair enough.

        Loading editor
    • Ladybug's able to bring back anyone who dies during the time an akuma is active right?

        Loading editor
    • Yes. She has the ability to recreate everything that was destroyed.  

        Loading editor
    • So if anyone does melt she can easily bring that person back

        Loading editor
    • But can she reverse death? I'm pretty sure no one is going to melt, you guys. She reversed erasure, but not death in "Timebreaker". I suppose the same thing stands if they get turned to ice cream. It's likely the moment they turn to ice cream they "die".

        Loading editor
    • I think one of the creaters mentioned Ladybug can revert death using her superpower. 

        Loading editor
    • CaseyTheCupcakeQueen234 wrote:
      I think one of the creaters mentioned Ladybug can revert death using her superpower. 

      I would have thought death was the one thing she can't fix

        Loading editor
    • Sorry that I can't find the source right now but I remember the show creators have definitely said the she can revert death. However, I doubt this will ever be adressed in the show with the target age group audience this show is aimed for. Ladybug saving melted icecream is probably the closest thing we'll ever experience.

        Loading editor
    • She can reverse deaths that weren't supposed to happens like the ones made by the akumas, but I don't believe she can remove death from people who passes away because of their age or health. Would be troublesome.

        Loading editor
    • Chi of Darkness wrote:
      She can reverse deaths that weren't supposed to happens like the ones made by the akumas, but I don't believe she can remove death from people who passes away because of their age or health. Would be troublesome.

      Well... I don't know if she can undo damage that isn't directly caused by herself, Cat Noir, or the akuma itself. Remember how in "Dark Cupid", the titular akuma's spell made Sabrina draw all over the poster of Adrien and her scribbles weren't undone? So what if the akuma's spell caused someone else to directly or indirectly kill or injure another person?

        Loading editor
    • Ladybug can undo death if the damage was caused by the akuma. https://twitter.com/Kartos/status/666810831766704131 But some power is limited to the apparition of the akumatized villain.

        Loading editor
    • CaseyTheCupcakeQueen234 wrote:
      Ladybug can undo death if the damage was caused by the akuma. https://twitter.com/Kartos/status/666810831766704131 But some power is limited to the apparition of the akumatized villain.

      Thanks for the link.

      From what we've seen in the show, it seems she can only undo the damages directly caused by her, Cat Noir, and the akuma (or those under its command), though. Cuz we see at least in "Dark Cupid" that any damage done by someone affected by the akuma isn't necessarily undone.

        Loading editor
    • Thearomalady wrote:

      In a sense, yeah. it's like how a character being disfigured or tortured is arguably more horrifying than them being killed.

      I mean if I could choose a way to die I'd want to get turned into ice cream! But maybe that's just me thinking with my stomach.

        Loading editor
    • So as I posted in the talk page, I watched the trailer and I didn’t see anyone necessarily being turned into ice cream and then starting to melt. When one civilian got hit by a blob of ice cream he just froze in place, as if it was a pun on “freeze tag”. Plus it all happens at night when it’s cooler, so there’d probably only be a threat of melting when the sun rises? So it’s either that or something lost in translation or even an earlier concept being scrapped. Though anything can happen when the actual episode airs.

      Also I think Marinette may cause this akuma.

        Loading editor
    • Is it just me or do I feel like Glaciator is kind of cute, with his little face and arms. He almost look like a rainbow colored snowman. His face is cute! 

        Loading editor
    • If you'll play the trailer - 0:27 - Oh shit, did you guys noticed theese flowers and candles at the background? At 0:10 we can see that Marinette's get upset, because she has no one to share ice-cream with (boyfriend). And the creators said that at the balcony scene there is very hard emotional scene. It makes all sense. Chat Noir and Marinette are going to date!

        Loading editor
    • Chi of Darkness wrote:
      Is it just me or do I feel like Glaciator is kind of cute, with his little face and arms. He almost look like a rainbow colored snowman. His face is cute! 

      Robustus, Gigantitan, and now Glaciator. Season 2 is just full of cute villain, isn't it? 

        Loading editor
    • OwnMiraculousTales wrote:
      If you'll play the trailer - 0:27 - Oh shit, did you guys noticed theese flowers and candles at the background? At 0:10 we can see that Marinette's get upset, because she has no one to share ice-cream with (boyfriend). And the creators said that at the balcony scene there is very hard emotional scene. It makes all sense. Chat Noir and Marinette are going to date!

      No swearing. 

        Loading editor
    • It does look like it's going to be a good episode with the one problem being that

      Marinette

      apparently

      causes

      another

      akuma.

      I'm not impressed with how she's almost mark for mark with Chloe. I really hope that this isn't her fault. Marinette's normally too polite to throw ice cream on the ground like that and too shy to make a scene even if it's not what she wanted in ice cream, so I'm wondering what happens and why, and if she really is at fault or what.

        Loading editor
    • Thearomalady wrote:
      It does look like it's going to be a good episode with the one problem being that

      Marinette

      apparently

      causes

      another

      akuma.

      I'm not impressed with how she's almost mark for mark with Chloe. I really hope that this isn't her fault. Marinette's normally too polite to throw ice cream on the ground like that and too shy to make a scene even if it's not what she wanted in ice cream, so I'm wondering what happens and why, and if she really is at fault or what.

      Got to admit, it is pretty dumb how Marinette, the "sweetest girl in Paris", has caused almost as many akumatizations as Chloe, who is intentionally depicted as being Satan reincarnated. Heck, she's probably even worse in the regard that she actually knows that making people upset could result in their akumatization. 

      But, as you said, this might not be her fault. Maybe Chloe literally comes in out of nowhere and ruins everything. Just as long as it isn't Marinette's fault again. 

        Loading editor
    • This villian design is very ... unique?

      But that is Miraculous - the designs are always out there. I'm definitely going to be watching this episode for the Balcony Scene as we've all waited over a year for it but that being said I really hope we get some more narrative and plot development - not just character development as such.

      I hope Marinette hasn't caused another akuma, or I hope that there's a valid explanation for everything.

      I'll probably have more to say when the episode comes out and will have to contain my inner fangirl.

        Loading editor
    • Slabcity wrote:
      This villian design is very ... unique?

      But that is Miraculous - the designs are always out there. I'm definitely going to be watching this episode for the Balcony Scene as we've all waited over a year for it but that being said I really hope we get some more narrative and plot development - not just character development as such.

      I hope Marinette hasn't caused another akuma, or I hope that there's a valid explanation for everything.

      I'll probably have more to say when the episode comes out and will have to contain my inner fangirl.

      The question is, what if Marinette's sleeping in that scene where Chat carried her? That would mean there is not balcony scene yet, right? Nah, just kidding. There are flowers and candles, + in one of theese balcony scene previews there was some part of script visible and there was written: Tonight it's just you and me Marinette. 

        Loading editor
    • Thearomalady wrote:
      It does look like it's going to be a good episode with the one problem being that

      Marinette

      apparently

      causes

      another

      akuma.

      I'm not impressed with how she's almost mark for mark with Chloe. I really hope that this isn't her fault. Marinette's normally too polite to throw ice cream on the ground like that and too shy to make a scene even if it's not what she wanted in ice cream, so I'm wondering what happens and why, and if she really is at fault or what.

      There seems to be some kind of couples or romance theme so maybe Marinette becomes despondent over her lack of love? If that's the case it feels like she'd let the ice cream drop from her hand and quietly walk away as opposed to violently throwing it down.

        Loading editor
    • DarkClaw3 wrote:

      Robustus, Gigantitan, and now Glaciator. Season 2 is just full of cute villain, isn't it? 

      Yes, and we'll also have the Sapotis, Alya's little twin sisters who might be adorable cute monsters too, plus let's not forget the purple small one riding on his/her? pillow.

        Loading editor
    • Son of Nemesis34 wrote:

      There seems to be some kind of couples or romance theme so maybe Marinette becomes despondent over her lack of love? If that's the case it feels like she'd let the ice cream drop from her hand and quietly walk away as opposed to violently throwing it down.

      But the ice cream is behind her and the cup is tilted to the side, so I wonder about it. There's always a chance it wasn't her ice cream, I suppose.... I mean I kinda see her more sitting down and just quietly eating the ice cream or picking at it rather than dropping it or throwing it.

        Loading editor
    • I hope Marinette isn't the cause of this one. Out of the eight episodes released, Marinette has been involved directly or indirectly with three villains (Befana, Riposte, Prime Queen). It annoys me when shows with the "ordinary person transformed into villain because of negative emotions" have the main character and superhero cause their own villains too often. It's not like we know it doesn't happen, but I think it would be more interesting for other good characters to somehow be involved with a villain's creation, like Adrien, Alya, Nino, or anyone who wouldn't be as expected by now. Besides, André's ice cream was ruined by Cat Noir in "Gigantitan", and although he is upset, he appeared to handle it pretty well. Marinette also wouldn't be a jerk enough to throw ice cream nearby the kind vendor no matter the reason... I hope.

      I wonder if André's akumatization comes from romance for himself. The guy clearly supports romantic relationships, but as he states in "Befana", he hasn't found the "right blend of flavors" yet. If Marinette's struggle this episode is feeling depressed about her lack of love, it could make for an interesting parallel if André is akumatized out of loneliness or rejection, a feeling Marinette has no choice but to get familiar with by now.

      With Marinette, I do like the possibility of it focusing on her lack of a love mate. This could have a huge character change in her, like her deciding to give up on Adrien for the time being or be satisfied in not having a romantic relationship at the moment. It could open up for her getting feelings for Luka, or at least help her mature in how she handles romantic feelings, albeit "Troublemaker" showing otherwise. It's a hard place to be in, seeing people around you happily in loving relationships while you're alone. There is room for emotional moments for Marinette relating to this. Here's to hoping this dilemma is tackled well in this episode without making Marinette feel needy or harsh towards others because of romance jealousy.

      As for the Marinette and Cat Noir scene... I admit I'm not a huge fan of this pair-up. I love it as a platonic team-up, but I've never seen the appeal in it romantically (funny, I know, considering at the end of the day, Marinette and Adrien are the same people as Ladybug and Cat Noir). If this is the balcony scene, I trust the crew to handle it well, but I'm not going to be as fine with it if it pushes a romantic pairing that isn't there between two who have always seen each other as friends. However, if you do like the Marichat ship, I hope it's wonderful for you.

        Loading editor
    • winny said in his last interview that this episode is going to be heartbreaking, so i assume that alya was dragging her to eat ice cream with the other couples and marinette felt hurt/sad/lonely/whatever about her own lovelife and dropped the ice cream. i also can see that chat wanted to cheer her up or something and thus the balcony scene where they both talked about their lack of romance ("this night we are both alone").

      but seriously, they really need to find better ways to include marinette to the plot (and better reasons to akumatize someone, because it seems like she simply dropped the ice cream, which is not something worth to get akumatize for imo). most of the time her role in the episode is either build around her crush on adrien, or she akumatizes someone. marinette is such a charming and well rounded character with so much potential but they have no idea how to utilize her in the stories. like, the ML creators have been hyping up this show featuring a biracial, strong, well rounded, independent, female superhero and for girls to look up to, but in the end marinette's stories only revolves around adrien and/or her wrongdoings and there is no meaningful development. it just really really frustrating imo. 

        Loading editor
    • Hmmm... now I'm wondering if Ladybug's earring(s) falls of and becomes marinette again? I wonder...

        Loading editor
    • Tansyflower wrote:
      I hope Marinette isn't the cause of this one. Out of the eight episodes released, Marinette has been involved directly or indirectly with three villains (Befana, Riposte, Prime Queen). It annoys me when shows with the "ordinary person transformed into villain because of negative emotions" have the main character and superhero cause their own villains too often. It's not like we know it doesn't happen, but I think it would be more interesting for other good characters to somehow be involved with a villain's creation, like Adrien, Alya, Nino, or anyone who wouldn't be as expected by now. Besides, André's ice cream was ruined by Cat Noir in "Gigantitan", and although he is upset, he appeared to handle it pretty well. Marinette also wouldn't be a jerk enough to throw ice cream nearby the kind vendor no matter the reason... I hope.

      I wonder if André's akumatization comes from romance for himself. The guy clearly supports romantic relationships, but as he states in "Befana", he hasn't found the "right blend of flavors" yet. If Marinette's struggle this episode is feeling depressed about her lack of love, it could make for an interesting parallel if André is akumatized out of loneliness or rejection, a feeling Marinette has no choice but to get familiar with by now.

      With Marinette, I do like the possibility of it focusing on her lack of a love mate. This could have a huge character change in her, like her deciding to give up on Adrien for the time being or be satisfied in not having a romantic relationship at the moment. It could open up for her getting feelings for Luka, or at least help her mature in how she handles romantic feelings, albeit "Troublemaker" showing otherwise. It's a hard place to be in, seeing people around you happily in loving relationships while you're alone. There is room for emotional moments for Marinette relating to this. Here's to hoping this dilemma is tackled well in this episode without making Marinette feel needy or harsh towards others because of romance jealousy.

      As for the Marinette and Cat Noir scene... I admit I'm not a huge fan of this pair-up. I love it as a platonic team-up, but I've never seen the appeal in it romantically (funny, I know, considering at the end of the day, Marinette and Adrien are the same people as Ladybug and Cat Noir). If this is the balcony scene, I trust the crew to handle it well, but I'm not going to be as fine with it if it pushes a romantic pairing that isn't there between two who have always seen each other as friends. However, if you do like the Marichat ship, I hope it's wonderful for you.

      To be fair to "Troublemaker", I would react like that if my secret crush was broadcasted live to the entire city if not country, including the person I was crushing on. It's always worth remembering that Marinette is a shy, withdrawn sort of girl who's only just learning to find confidence in herself as of "Darkblade", which according to in-show timestamps, is in mid-May. Ladybug is the confident, outgoing one.

      I get the Marinette/Cat Noir pairing because it really is the missing link between the two, and Marinette and Adrien are their truest selves as Marinette and Cat Noir. It's not perfect, but neither of them is really putting up much of an act, either. The more I watch the show, the more i get the impression Ladybug is more of a crafted personality around Marinette's own personality, based around what she thinks superheroes are like and what Tikki expects. There is some overlap, but for the most part, Ladybug is as different from Marinette as Cat Noir is from Adrien. Marinette is not confident nor especially honest, but Ladybug is both of those things. Ladybug tries to be very distant, but Marinette is an open book. Ladybug is often rude and dismissive, where Marinette is often open and accepting. Ladybug is stubborn, Marinette can't say no. Marinette is a natural leader as shown in "Darkblade", but Ladybug seems to be much more forceful and unwilling to share the spotlight. Factoring in how Tikki has told Marinette she can't do things or she has to do things because she's Ladybug and factoring in how Marinette acts at the start of the series chronologically and alone, I'm more inclined to find Ladybug to be like Adrien- a projection of expectations. So Marichat makes some kind of sense. I actually had to sit down and think about this one for a little bit to get why people think that is the perfect pairing, cuz I didn't get it for a long time, either. But that's the conclusion I reached. Neither Ladybug nor Adrien are false personalities, but are projections of expectations, with traces of how they actually are present. If that makes sense.

      Back to what you said at the top of your statements, I do hope it is something like that, where Marinette is not at fault and it's just Andre feeling upset over his own lack of a love life, though some people will still blame Marinette for triggering the feeling since she herself has no one to share ice cream with if that is the cause. Marinette being at fault is getting tiresome, since she's supposed to be a hero. I kinda hope maybe it's her clumsiness or something that causes the ice cream to fall, because she isn't really that close to it when walking by it, and I find it weird that she's walking like she is if she's meant to be upset, plus there's no one else around her. I'm inclined to say no one is around, including Andre, to see her drop the ice cream. There's nothing about the way she's walking to suggest she's upset- she isn't walking slowly or quickly, just her normal pace. 

        Loading editor
    • Aw, now I understand why Marinette looks so surprised and heartbroken when she looks at her ice-cream at 0:10 it's because there's two spoons, one for her and for somebody else

        Loading editor
    • Maybell097 wrote:
      Aw, now I understand why Marinette looks so surprised and heartbroken when she looks at her ice-cream at 0:10 it's because there's two spoons, one for her and for somebody else

      Oh, are those spoons? I thought they were like little pieces of waffle cone or something.

        Loading editor
    • Could this episode be another valentine day episode? With the hearts and ice cream for 2 and all that, plus the balcony scene with candles and flowers? Granted, Valentine's day is next month, but still. Looks like one to me.

        Loading editor
    • Chi of Darkness wrote:
      Could this episode be another valentine day episode? With the hearts and ice cream for 2 and all that, plus the balcony scene with candles and flowers? Granted, Valentine's day is next month, but still. Looks like one to me.

      Oh, but the timeline's already a mess... I kinda hope it's different, like how Japan has White/Whites Day a month after Valentine's Day. Except obviously different. Cuz that would mean a whole year passed and nothing happened worth mentioning happened since the last Valentine's Day (technically since the beginning of summer, if we look at the dates the episodes give), but at the same time, I could happily say Marinette's birthday could be when I theorise it is based on her personality (somewhere around the end of October/early November, making her Scorpio. Which, tbh, I don't believe in horoscopes but I use them for puzzling out birthdays of fictional charaters anyway).

        Loading editor
    • Son of Nemesis34 wrote:

      Thearomalady wrote:
      It does look like it's going to be a good episode with the one problem being that

      Marinette

      apparently

      causes

      another

      akuma.

      I'm not impressed with how she's almost mark for mark with Chloe. I really hope that this isn't her fault. Marinette's normally too polite to throw ice cream on the ground like that and too shy to make a scene even if it's not what she wanted in ice cream, so I'm wondering what happens and why, and if she really is at fault or what.

      There seems to be some kind of couples or romance theme so maybe Marinette becomes despondent over her lack of love? If that's the case it feels like she'd let the ice cream drop from her hand and quietly walk away as opposed to violently throwing it down.

      Don't forget marinette's clumsy, she might have tripped and fallen.

        Loading editor
    • Emilyabcde1ara wrote:

      Don't forget marinette's clumsy, she might have tripped and fallen.

      And André would be upset enough to be akumatized over that? He wasn't that much upset when Chat Noir crashed his cart and destroyed his ice cream in Gigantitan, since it was not intentional on his part and he got it all back after Ladybug restored everything, so I doubt Marinette accidently making the ice cream fall to the ground because she clumsily dropped it after probably falling would make him upset enough for Hawk Moth to akumatize him if it was a genuine accident. Must be something else, but the fallen ice cream must have a hand in it. He is serious about his work like the Gorilla is about his job.

        Loading editor
    • Well, at the very least, we're going to be getting a new episode really soon, though I'm still holding out for Sapotis and what will likely be Rena Rouge's debut.

        Loading editor
    • Thearomalady wrote:
      Maybell097 wrote:
      Aw, now I understand why Marinette looks so surprised and heartbroken when she looks at her ice-cream at 0:10 it's because there's two spoons, one for her and for somebody else
      Oh, are those spoons? I thought they were like little pieces of waffle cone or something.

      I'm pretty sure that they're spoons, because small spoons like that are popular in Europe for ice cream bought from stands like André's one

        Loading editor
    • It looks like Marinette won't be having a very good day for the first half of this episode, but it ALSO looks like a certain black cat will be cheering her up towards the end... seeing how she's hugging him and smiling with her eyes closed contentedly, and that way he looks at her... <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

        Loading editor
    • Crazyatady15 wrote:
      It looks like Marinette won't be having a very good day for the first half of this episode, but it ALSO looks like a certain black cat will be cheering her up towards the end... seeing how she's hugging him and smiling with her eyes closed contentedly, and that way he looks at her... <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

      In that case she would be pretty close to akumatize herself, huh?

        Loading editor
    • OwnMiraculousTales wrote:
      Crazyatady15 wrote:
      It looks like Marinette won't be having a very good day for the first half of this episode, but it ALSO looks like a certain black cat will be cheering her up towards the end... seeing how she's hugging him and smiling with her eyes closed contentedly, and that way he looks at her... <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
      In that case she would be pretty close to akumatize herself, huh?

      Well technically a miraculous holder can't be akumatized...

        Loading editor
    • Crazyatady15 wrote:
      OwnMiraculousTales wrote:
      Crazyatady15 wrote:
      It looks like Marinette won't be having a very good day for the first half of this episode, but it ALSO looks like a certain black cat will be cheering her up towards the end... seeing how she's hugging him and smiling with her eyes closed contentedly, and that way he looks at her... <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
      In that case she would be pretty close to akumatize herself, huh?
      Well technically a miraculous holder can't be akumatized...

      Oh, yeah. Sorry, I forgot.

        Loading editor
    • Crazyatady15 wrote:

      Well technically a miraculous holder can't be akumatized...

      Actually they can, except the miraculous holder of the butterfly miraculous, unless she/he renonces it. Having a miraculous makes it harder for the holder to be akumatized, but they still can get akumatized. Astruc said that the reason why the heroes aren't easy to akumatize is because Marinette is an optimist while Adrien is used to disappointment. But they can, they can.

        Loading editor
    • Chi of Darkness wrote:

      Actually they can, except the miraculous holder of the butterfly miraculous, unless she/he renonces it. Having a miraculous makes it harder for the holder to be akumatized, but they still can get akumatized. Astruc said that the reason why the heroes aren't easy to akumatize is because Marinette is an optimist while Adrien is used to disappointment. But they can, they can.

      That isn't even a cert- Gabriel probably just gave up the Miraculous so he isn't seen with it, we have no reason to suspect he can't be akumatised when wearing it. There is absolutely nothing suggesting Miraculous holders, Moth or otherwise, can't be akumatised with or without their Miraculous.

        Loading editor
    • Thearomalady wrote:
      That isn't even a cert- Gabriel probably just gave up the Miraculous so he isn't seen with it, we have no reason to suspect he can't be akumatised when wearing it. There is absolutely nothing suggesting Miraculous holders, Moth or otherwise, can't be akumatised with or without their Miraculous.

      Pretty sure Astruc said it before on his twitter. The miraculouses makes it harder to be akumatized, but not impossible. And I think Master Fu himself aknowledged that the butterfly miraculous holder, aka Hawk Moth, can't use his power on himself.

        Loading editor
    • Chi of Darkness wrote:

      Pretty sure Astruc said it before on his twitter. The miraculouses makes it harder to be akumatized, but not impossible. And I think Master Fu himself aknowledged that the butterfly miraculous holder, aka Hawk Moth, can't use his power on himself.

      What Master Fu says is that it's "very probable" that Gabriel isn't Hawk Moth because he was akumatised.

        Loading editor
    • I don't know whether other Miraculous holders need to not be wearing their Miraculouses to be akumatized, but I feel like whenever it gets confirmed as that or the opposite, it'll be a very notable episode (if Queen Wasp is Chloé, perhaps that would be an episode to give grounded answers if she's wearing her Miraculous). Since "Gigantitan" already had the twist of an akumatization that was meant for someone else, it's possible "Glaciator" would do the same thing again with Marinette and André, but I'm not sure if two similar twists would happen so close to each other in the general (not strict) order of the season.

      In response to Thearomalady's comment on the Marinette and Cat Noir relationship, I personally don't see them that way with the true personalities, partially or entirely, but I completely understand where you're coming from, and you have sturdy reasons for how you see it. I absolutely see the appeal of the relationship, but my enjoyment from it is the non-love interest and platonic connection. Cat Noir is trying to impress his classmate while not trying to full-on woo her, while Marinette is thankful for her superhero partner's help while annoyed with his antics and slight flirting. Because I've never cared for it as a romantic pairing, I'm often in the outlier on the ship, but I do enjoy the interactions that come from this particular team-up. It's not one fawning over the other, rather both seeing each other as regular people they like, and it's a breather in a way from the love craziness from the other relationships. Wherever anyone lies on this aspect of Marinette and Adrien's relationships with each other, it's bound to be a worthwhile scene since arguably, we haven't seen this team-up this season much outside of "Befana".

      I'm still curious on the emotional scene of this one. If it is with Marinette and Adrien, I could see it come down to a conversation of unrequited love. That is the positive of Marinette and Cat Noir being together. If written well-enough, I could believe in them talking about their pain over not winning their friend's hearts while not realizing they mean each other's alter egos. Considering Luka is still coming soon, I can't imagine a flip in the love square occurring here, but a moment where they realize they both deal with one-sided crushes could bring them closer and be positive for their complete relationship (not 1/4) in the long run. If that isn't it, I still think Marinette's going to be related to the emotional moments with the same issues, but maybe it either connects her with André or with her coupled classmates. Again, I don't want Marinette to come off selfish or petty in this, but it is hard to feel like a third wheel and not have a lover when you're craving it, like when you can't find "the right blend of flavors" or your crush sees you "as a friend."

        Loading editor
    • Tansyflower wrote:
      I don't know whether other Miraculous holders need to not be wearing their Miraculouses to be akumatized, but I feel like whenever it gets confirmed as that or the opposite, it'll be a very notable episode (if Queen Wasp is Chloé, perhaps that would be an episode to give grounded answers if she's wearing her Miraculous). Since "Gigantitan" already had the twist of an akumatization that was meant for someone else, it's possible "Glaciator" would do the same thing again with Marinette and André, but I'm not sure if two similar twists would happen so close to each other in the general (not strict) order of the season.

      In response to Thearomalady's comment on the Marinette and Cat Noir relationship, I personally don't see them that way with the true personalities, partially or entirely, but I completely understand where you're coming from, and you have sturdy reasons for how you see it. I absolutely see the appeal of the relationship, but my enjoyment from it is the non-love interest and platonic connection. Cat Noir is trying to impress his classmate while not trying to full-on woo her, while Marinette is thankful for her superhero partner's help while annoyed with his antics and slight flirting. Because I've never cared for it as a romantic pairing, I'm often in the outlier on the ship, but I do enjoy the interactions that come from this particular team-up. It's not one fawning over the other, rather both seeing each other as regular people they like, and it's a breather in a way from the love craziness from the other relationships. Wherever anyone lies on this aspect of Marinette and Adrien's relationships with each other, it's bound to be a worthwhile scene since arguably, we haven't seen this team-up this season much outside of "Befana".

      I'm still curious on the emotional scene of this one. If it is with Marinette and Adrien, I could see it come down to a conversation of unrequited love. That is the positive of Marinette and Cat Noir being together. If written well-enough, I could believe in them talking about their pain over not winning their friend's hearts while not realizing they mean each other's alter egos. Considering Luka is still coming soon, I can't imagine a flip in the love square occurring here, but a moment where they realize they both deal with one-sided crushes could bring them closer and be positive for their complete relationship (not 1/4) in the long run. If that isn't it, I still think Marinette's going to be related to the emotional moments with the same issues, but maybe it either connects her with André or with her coupled classmates. Again, I don't want Marinette to come off selfish or petty in this, but it is hard to feel like a third wheel and not have a lover when you're craving it, like when you can't find "the right blend of flavors" or your crush sees you "as a friend."

      It depends I think on how it ends up being written, I suppose.

      On, no, I completely get it, too- I more sit on the side of enjoying them platonically, but you did just sum up why the ship works for so many people- they are seeing each other as regular people. No awkwardness, no real flirting, just them. They are quite genuine with each other. Cat Noir's bombastic personality is usually downplayed, and Marinette's often clearly at more ease with him than she is with anyone else her age. Their interactions are often rather sweet, like in "Gamer" when Marinette wants Cat Noir take her to go rescue Adrien, and his reply is steady and sure and she actually believes him. Like I completely get why it works so well, that scene was actually what made things click in my head for why it's so appealing, but at the same time, I enjoy their friendship.

      Marinette, I think, will know Cat Noir is talking about Ladybug since she seems aware of his crush, but not the depth of it. Adrien, on the other hand, will never figure out who she means unless she says it, since A) he somehow has never figured out her identity even though she sucks at hiding it and B) even when presented with obvious evidence, like in "Troublemaker", he still insits they're just friends. The boy is really blind for someone who reads as much manga and watches as much anime as he apparently does.

      But I really, really hope this isn't one of the episodes like "Prime Queen" and "Volpina" where Marinette is an uncharacteristically terrible and rude person. Her calm, normal walk has me wondering what happens.

        Loading editor
    • Chi of Darkness wrote:
      Crazyatady15 wrote:

      Well technically a miraculous holder can't be akumatized...

      Actually they can, except the miraculous holder of the butterfly miraculous, unless she/he renonces it. Having a miraculous makes it harder for the holder to be akumatized, but they still can get akumatized. Astruc said that the reason why the heroes aren't easy to akumatize is because Marinette is an optimist while Adrien is used to disappointment. But they can, they can.

      It never says anything about a the moth miraculous holder not being able to be akumatized, and if you think about it, it just makes sense: why would Gabriel take off the pin in the first place? He could just cover it up with part of his outfit. And besides, wouldn't he be more powerful with a miraculous and akuma combined?

        Loading editor
    • But I really, really hope this isn't one of the episodes like "Prime Queen" and "Volpina" where Marinette is an uncharacteristically terrible and rude person. Her calm, normal walk has me wondering what happens.

      Going off topic here, but if you're talking about Ladybug storming out of Face to Face with Cat Noir in "Prime Queen" as her being uncharacteristically rude and terrible, remember that Nadja was humiliating and exploiting her and Cat Noir's relationship on national television just so she could get views. Sure, Nadja just wanted to keep her show afloat, but that doesn't mean Marinette's reaction to her methods was entirely unjust. 

        Loading editor
    • Maybell097 wrote:
      Thearomalady wrote:
      Maybell097 wrote:
      Aw, now I understand why Marinette looks so surprised and heartbroken when she looks at her ice-cream at 0:10 it's because there's two spoons, one for her and for somebody else
      Oh, are those spoons? I thought they were like little pieces of waffle cone or something.
      I'm pretty sure that they're spoons, because small spoons like that are popular in Europe for ice cream bought from stands like André's one

      I noticed something interesting about the trailer. When Marinette goes past frozen / thrown ice cream, she does not have any spoons, so I think it's not her ice cream.

        Loading editor
    • Euraptor2001 wrote:
      Maybell097 wrote:
      Thearomalady wrote:
      Maybell097 wrote:
      Aw, now I understand why Marinette looks so surprised and heartbroken when she looks at her ice-cream at 0:10 it's because there's two spoons, one for her and for somebody else
      Oh, are those spoons? I thought they were like little pieces of waffle cone or something.
      I'm pretty sure that they're spoons, because small spoons like that are popular in Europe for ice cream bought from stands like André's one
      I noticed something interesting about the trailer. When Marinette goes past frozen / thrown ice cream, she does not have any spoons, so I think it's not her ice cream.

      Maybe she'd put out the spoons first? :D

        Loading editor
    • OwnMiraculousTales a scris:
      Euraptor2001 a scris:
      Maybell097 a scris:
      Thearomalady a scris:
      Maybell097 a scris:
      Aw, acum inteleg de ce Marinette pare atat de surprinsa si inima incomparabila cand se uita la inghetata ei la 0:10 pentru ca exista doua linguri, una pentru ea si pentru altcineva
      Oh, sunt acele linguri? Credeam că sunt ca niște bucăți de conul de vafe sau ceva asemănător.
      Sunt destul de sigur că sunt linguri, pentru că lingurile de acest gen sunt populare în Europa pentru înghețată cumpărată din standuri precum  cea a lui André
      Am observat ceva interesant despre remorcă. Când Marinette trece prin înghețată înghețată / aruncată, nu are nici o lingură, deci cred că nu este înghețata ei.
      Poate lăsa mai întâi lingurile? : D

      It's not just that. And the flavors look different. When Marinette holds ice cream in her hand, the flavors seem to be green and white. But when ice cream falls, it seems to be green and brown. The difference is especially seen when comparing the images at once.

        Loading editor
    • Euraptor2001 wrote:
      OwnMiraculousTales a scris:
      Euraptor2001 a scris:
      Maybell097 a scris:
      Thearomalady a scris:
      Maybell097 a scris:
      Aw, acum inteleg de ce Marinette pare atat de surprinsa si inima incomparabila cand se uita la inghetata ei la 0:10 pentru ca exista doua linguri, una pentru ea si pentru altcineva
      Oh, sunt acele linguri? Credeam că sunt ca niște bucăți de conul de vafe sau ceva asemănător.
      Sunt destul de sigur că sunt linguri, pentru că lingurile de acest gen sunt populare în Europa pentru înghețată cumpărată din standuri precum  cea a lui André
      Am observat ceva interesant despre remorcă. Când Marinette trece prin înghețată înghețată / aruncată, nu are nici o lingură, deci cred că nu este înghețata ei.
      Poate lăsa mai întâi lingurile? : D
      It's not just that. And the flavors look different. When Marinette holds ice cream in her hand, the flavors seem to be green and white. But when ice cream falls, it seems to be green and brown. The difference is especially seen when comparing the images at once.

      Awww, theese editors are playing with us :D

        Loading editor
    • Tansyflower
      Tansyflower removed this reply because:
      Spam/seems accidental.
      22:55, January 13, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • Finally, we can watch Glaciator

      With another singing Supervillain !

      And Ladybug and Chat Noir still are "best friends" !

      But Marinette now was able to see his romantic side...

      And now she is starting to see him in a different way !

      P.S. I have not seen anyone melting !!! Balcony Scene, OK !

        Loading editor
    • Does anyone know how to put your own pictures on the wiki/your account? Because it’s not working for me.

        Loading editor
    • Gods, I wish I could understand the dialogue outside Marinette's astonishment that Cat Noir is in love with Ladybug. Which I thought she already knew, but I guess she never thought it went into "love" territory.

      But oh gosh, that was delightful, wasn't it? This is a rare Cat Noir-centric episode, since much of the story was about him.

      And I can absolutely get behind Marinette starting to fall for Cat Noir.

        Loading editor
    • XD oh no Cat you've created a weird love square...triangle? Now Marinette likes both you and Adrien which will show on the battlefield and can we just reveal who the other is now?

        Loading editor
    • MY MIND IS NOT OKAAAAAAY SHE FREAKING BLUSHED WHEN HE KISSED HER ON THE CHEEKS AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

      Chat Noir was THE hero of this episode which made me so happy. Ladybug now knows he was more than serious about her, and that is just the beginning.

      Now that Marinette acknowledges Chat Noir's feelings, Adrien needs to have a similar moment with Marinette so that the love square can slowly develop and become closer to mutual feelings.

        Loading editor
    • I wanted to scream when LB didn't tell Chat Noir who she liked

        Loading editor
    • Wallybr wrote:
      Finally, we can watch Glaciator

      With another singing Supervillain !

      And Ladybug and Chat Noir still are "best friends" !

      But Marinette now was able to see his romantic side...

      And now she is starting to see him in a different way !

      P.S. I have not seen anyone melting !!! Balcony Scene, OK !

      Yes people were melting, we were able to see melted ice cream around the victims. Ice cream doesn't melt right away.

        Loading editor
    • This episode was amazing <3

        Loading editor
    • So, I take it everyone ( Mari, Adrian, Plagg, and Tikki)  is pretending that scene in The Dark Owl ​never happened? Are they not going to talk about it? I was hoping that there would be a connection in this new episode but got nothing. Do you think the scene will ever come up again? ( I am talking about the reveal) Like Plagg/ Tikki saying somthing and then Adrian/Mari questioning it. Or will they never bring it up?

      GAAAA I HAVE SO MANY QUESTIONS!

        Loading editor
    • Honestly, I think we need the english dub on this one more than any other episode right now. The MariChat is unreal, and I need to understand every single word. 

        Loading editor
    • Marinette creates another villain. What a surprise. At least she realised how horrible she was to André before she even knew he was akumatized. She finally knows that Chat Noir feelings are genuine, at last, can't believe she couldn't see it at all before. Chat Noir is taking having a rival for Ladybug's affection quite well, and he makes Ladybug blush. Poor guy trying the she loves me, she loves me a lot, she loves me passionatly, she doesn't love me at all with the candles while blowing them off and the last candle is taht Ladybug doesn't love him at all. Ladybug and Chat Noir says they each other best friend, André's song is great, apparently Tom asked Sabine in marriage by having the ring in André's ice cream and she nearly swallowed the ring, Gabriel still makes Adrien wait for him for a long time only to eat in his office in the end, leaving Adrien annoyed. Marinette feels bad for Chat Noir, double time as Ladybug. Glaciator doesn't shoot lovey dovey couples, only single people, and of course he wants to turn Marinette into ice cream. Still a great episode.

        Loading editor
    • Poor Marinette. I felt really bad for her when she was waiting patiently for Adrien to arrive but he didn't but it was nice of Cat Noir to spend time with her. That was so sweet. But it was dumb of Cat Noir for asking Marinette to join him only for him to be all sappy about Ladybug. But anyway, André is so nice and I wish I can taste his delicious Ice cream!

        Loading editor
    • This episode was really amazing

        Loading editor
    • Y'know, some of these villain motivations and actions have gotten really extreme this season. Prime Queen nearly killed Alya and Chloe to boost ratings, Befana went around turning people who commited the most minor of annoyances into coal and nice people into brainless minions because she thought Marinette didn't like her, Riposte tried to kill Adrien because he beat her at fencing, Robustus desired to eradicate humanity because a few people were mean to him, and now Glaciator goes around annihilating single people because Marinette didn't want his ice cream.

      Jeez. 

        Loading editor
    • I think the whole fandom just died and came back to life

        Loading editor
    • Cat Noir had no right to be frantic and rude with Ladybug for not going to his date he arranged. Be disappointed, maybe but she didn't generally say 'yes' did she? He shouldn't have had his expectations up. And him accusing Ladybug of playing with people's feelings just makes look petty and he was so frivolous. And the way he leaped and charged without considering and attempted to defeat Glaciator was very odd and insane. Marinette didn't get furious with Adrien for not showing up so he had no right to be either.

        Loading editor
    • Ren Noir wrote: So, I take it everyone ( Mari, Adrian, Plagg, and Tikki)  is pretending that scene in The Dark Owl never happened? Are they not going to talk about it? I was hoping that there would be a connection in this new episode but got nothing. Do you think the scene will ever come up again? ( I am talking about the reveal) Like Plagg/ Tikki saying somthing and then Adrian/Mari questioning it. Or will they never bring it up?

      GAAAA I HAVE SO MANY QUESTIONS!

      Glaciator's production code is 203 whilst Dark Owl's production code is 213 so this episode could have happened before the events of Dark Owl.

        Loading editor
    • Even Andre knows Marinette likes Adrien. (and by extension, Adrien liking Ladybug). Kudos to him.

        Loading editor
    • Ren Noir wrote:
      So, I take it everyone ( Mari, Adrian, Plagg, and Tikki)  is pretending that scene in The Dark Owl ​never happened? Are they not going to talk about it? I was hoping that there would be a connection in this new episode but got nothing. Do you think the scene will ever come up again? ( I am talking about the reveal) Like Plagg/ Tikki saying somthing and then Adrian/Mari questioning it. Or will they never bring it up?

      GAAAA I HAVE SO MANY QUESTIONS!

      according to astruc, the episodes are written without any particular order, sothat it doesn't matter whether you watch, for example, "prime queen" after or before "despair bear". so i guess we're probably not going to hear about the "dark owl" incident in the near future

        Loading editor
    • I hope everyone watched the episode by now, Glaciator! I LOVED IT!!!!!

      There is 1 MariChat moment, 1 LadyNoir moment, no Ladrien moments, and no Madrien moments.

        Loading editor
    • This was a really good episode, and I want to see more like it. However, even if Marinette is warming up to Chat Noir, Luka's going to have to come in soon...

      (lol what if Luka has green eyes)

        Loading editor
    • SpotsOnClawsOut wrote:
      Cat Noir had no right to be frantic and rude with Ladybug for not going to his date he arranged. Be disappointed, maybe but she didn't generally say 'yes' did she? He shouldn't have had his expectations up. And him accusing Ladybug of playing with people's feelings just makes look petty and he was so frivolous. And the way he leaped and charged without considering and attempted to defeat Glaciator was very odd and insane. Marinette didn't get furious with Adrien for not showing up so he had no right to be either.

      Just like Marinette had to insult André's ice cream just because Adrien couldn't show up because his dad forbid him? And he said to Ladybug she shouldn't play with his feelings when she asked him that they act like a real couple so they wouldn't get shot by Glaciator, of course that would kind of piss him off, since she's normally so against it, heck even back in Prime Queen she didn't even want to pretend to date Chat Noir, took her everything to just hold his hand, and here she tells him to pretend like they were a couple, just after not showing up for his surprise. Not really great, especially since she learned as Marinette before that Chat Noir has real feelings for Ladybug. Double ouch. Marinette wasn't better here either, but they did apologize and made up. And Chat Noir did took the Ladybug has a crush on someone else pretty well, and seems quite content with his friendship with her for now, whereas Marinette was unhappy that Adrien saw her as just a good friend in Riposte, saying she didn't want him to see her as a good friend, but wanted him to love her. That's the difference between their emotionnal maturity and feelings. Unlike him, she knows Chat Noir tries to woo her, whearas Adrien just see Marinette as a friend and can't see she has a crush on him because she never speak up her feelings, or when she does, it sounds as something different because she stutters so much, is really nervous and startled. We also saw Adrien's character development here, in Copycat he smugly lied to Théo about his relationship with Ladybug because he was jealous, here he's fine with the fact that she has a crush on someone else, but it still doesn't stop him from trying to woo her heart, and is happy with just being her best friend for now. That's great!

        Loading editor
    • Honestly I died when Ladybug started blushing, awwww!  But Luka will come soon and help things along by bashing everything to the ground first. I hope Luka reminds Marinette of Catnoir, and that Luka is even more of a heartthrob to girls around him than Adrien. Cuz when Adrien gets suspicious of Marinette as Ladybug/finds out she is Ladybug, I want Marinette to like Catnoir,Luka, and Adrien. I would love to see both boys trying to win her over. As for kagami, I want Adrien to like her and for her to only like him a little bit. Maybe lugami will be a thing after Adrien and Marinette get together. Also, when do you think Adrien will get suspicious of Marinette as Ladybug, Chi? Wasn't it confirmed he'll get suspicious this season?

        Loading editor
    • I need to keep remembering that there will be more seasons for ML and they're not going to fit all of this into the end of the season. We're likely going to have a cliffhanger for the end of season...

        Loading editor
    • Do you think the cliffhanger will be Adrien getting very suspicious about Marinette/ knowing she's Ladybug? It seems more likely Adrien will find out first tbh. 

        Loading editor
    • This episode is probably my all time favourite episode. The villian was a bit strange, but we got Love Square development that has been due for a while. For me, I always knew that Ladybug didn't think Chat's feelings for her were genuine - so now that she knows I'm hopeful for her to see Chat in a different way. You can see how much they both care for each other, especially in that final scene. Also Chat just upped my expectations of boys everywhere haha/

      Marinette causing an akuma again. This time I don't think she was too nasty however, she was heartbroken and I think we have all been there in a sense. Strange how Hawkmoth targeted André and not Marinette? Maybe having a Miraculous does prevent being akumatized - or André was an easier target?

      Okay the graphics for this episode have by far been the best of the entire series, the entire thing was so pleasing to the eye! Such a step up from season 1!

      Part of me hoped for some plot development - but I'm not at all disappointed with what we were given. What I want to know is where are the English dubs at? Disney Channel UK aren't posting the newer episodes, which has me confused.

      On a final note, can someone please explain to me why they can't reveal their identities to each other. Ladybug keeps going on about how neither of them must know - but why? I don't want the reveal just yet but this episode had me thinking about why it's forbidden just because they're superheroes?

        Loading editor
    • Adrien is popular enough that another guy copied his normal outfit. Nuff said. And he gets a ladybug ice cream, how cute.

        Loading editor
    • What a wonderful treat of an episode! If plot development isn't something that an episode offers, I hope for strong character and relationship development, and this episode was great at that.

      I really like how both Marinette and Adrien were at fault in a sense. Ladybug should've taken Cat Noir's request more seriously, or at least given him a sturdy answer, but she did have plans for later, didn't realize his feelings for her went being ordinary flirting, and as she explained later, doesn't feel the same way. We don't know the whole situation with the ice cream invite for Adrien, but if he planned for it earlier than asking for a date with Ladybug, he bailed out in the same way. Sure, his father prevented him from going out, but if was willing to sneak out as Cat Noir, and he has sneaked out as Adrien before, I don't find it as a strong excuse on his part. I see it as a case of misunderstandings, unreliability, and a lack of consideration of how much they mean to other people. I really liked it.

      It's what makes their moments strong together too. As I've stated, I like the platonic aspect of Marinette and Cat Noir's relationship, and it was showcased very wonderfully here (with the ship tease moments for those who want it to be romantic). The balcony scene worked not because it was a romantic moment, but that it was a sad moment for Cat Noir revealing his heartache and Marinette realizing the depth of his feelings for Ladybug. Later, Cat Noir had a right to be upset, but I appreciate he realized he overreacted and apologized to Ladybug, and Ladybug apologized for hurting him while being honest with him. Their relationship is developing into something more honest and trusting, with Cat Noir being able to respect Ladybug's different feelings towards him and Ladybug considering Cat Noir's heart in a new way. As long as he's not forceful about it, I think it's okay for Adrien to remain hopeful as long as he doesn't limit himself. Thinking about it, Marinette already knows Adrien sees her as a friend, but I hope she can come to that same place as Adrien, maybe Adrien admitting to her how he feels about their relationship in a future episode. These moments of acceptance do explain why Marinette and Adrien's eyes will start wandering away from their current crushes to others soon, like Kagami and Luka.

      Yes, Marinette caused the akumatization, but it came from an understandable plan, and I believe that if it had been Adrien as Cat Noir at the ice cream stand, I think the same outcome may have happened. She did regret it afterwards, and give credit that she wasn't giving him fiery anger like she has with other people. I appreciate when we see characters act like this, having good intentions but having moments where they act out that they immediately regret. However, show, 4/9 times is enough this season, no matter the context of those akumatizations. We get it; Marinette is a flawed human being who hurts people, something even the nicest of people can be guilty of doing. Can we please move on and start showing that principle with other characters before it feels too much like she isn't qualified to be a superhero if she is her villains' creator? That is the danger of these type of shows, and while I can appreciate character development from those, there are better ways to vary it up. I'm just saying, if Marinette somehow is the cause of Adrien's bodyguard's akumatization in "Gorizilla" when Adrien or someone else closer to him should more likely be the cause, I'm gonna lost it.

      On the technical side, this episode has great lighting. This is DQ, the guys behind "Robustus", and they definitely are behind in expertise and avoidance of animation errors like SAMG. However, it sounds like they really benefit from the extra time given to them, as this episode's lighting is glorious, from the evening to night time. There are still a few weird animations, like one shot of André's transformation looks pretty bad, Marinette oddly freezes once she leans on her balcony rail, and Hawk Moth's mask's still looks off. Kudos though to the DQ animators for pulling off an episode like this. SAMG has more experience and better techniques, but if DQ can keep improving like this, eventually, it will be less easy to tell quality differences between them and SAMG.

      I've rambled so much, but a few other things. First, I loved seeing Ivan and Mylène as a couple, and Alya and Nino together melted my heart. I like the continuity fron "Gigantitan" of Ivan not realizing who Marinette's crush was but Mylène clearing being aware. André is such a sweet man. I'm glad we got introduced him before this episode, and I hope to see such a romantic, optimistic, and caring man again. His akumatized form was fun and unique, though I am throroughly (and somehow morbidly) disappointed we never saw anyone actually melt! It's almost the one time I wish the fight hadn't taken place at night.

      It's not perferct, but "Glaciator" is near-perfect in the sense of showing what it can accomplish with character relationships. I think it's important that soon after this, we can start getting more plot and more character development for the future superhero trio. As someone who didn't know what to initially expect from this episode, though, it was marvelous, and I'm curious to see how the relationship(s) between Marinette and Adrien develop and change because of this.

        Loading editor
    • Chi of Darkness wrote:

      Just like Marinette had to insult André's ice cream just because Adrien couldn't show up because his dad forbid him? And he said to Ladybug she shouldn't play with his feelings when she asked him that they act like a real couple so they wouldn't get shot by Glaciator, of course that would kind of piss him off, since she's normally so against it, heck even back in Prime Queen she didn't even want to pretend to date Chat Noir, took her everything to just hold his hand, and here she tells him to pretend like they were a couple, just after not showing up for his surprise. Not really great, especially since she learned as Marinette before that Chat Noir has real feelings for Ladybug. Double ouch. Marinette wasn't better here either, but they did apologize and made up. And Chat Noir did took the Ladybug has a crush on someone else pretty well, and seems quite content with his friendship with her for now, whereas Marinette was unhappy that Adrien saw her as just a good friend in Riposte, saying she didn't want him to see her as a good friend, but wanted him to love her. That's the difference between their emotionnal maturity and feelings. Unlike him, she knows Chat Noir tries to woo her, whearas Adrien just see Marinette as a friend and can't see she has a crush on him because she never speak up her feelings, or when she does, it sounds as something different because she stutters so much, is really nervous and startled. We also saw Adrien's character development here, in Copycat he smugly lied to Théo about his relationship with Ladybug because he was jealous, here he's fine with the fact that she has a crush on someone else, but it still doesn't stop him from trying to woo her heart, and is happy with just being her best friend for now. That's great!

      Still can't give the girl a break, can you? It looked to me like she was feeling pretty down and Andre kept wanting to give her ice cream after she declined. I cannot fault her for getting frustrated that he won't let her be. She didn't even walk up to him for ice cream, he approached her. I get he was trying to be nice and cheer her up, but the poor girl clearly just wanted to be left alone, look at her body language.

      I think the reason she spurned him in the past was due to how she thought he was just playing with her feelings, that he didn't really have an attraction to her. When he tells Marinette he's in love with Ladybug, she realises he means it, and I think that lets her not be so rude when brushing him off. Her cuddling with him like that was probably meant to be an indirect apology for not meeting up with him earlier when she knows the effort he put in and how much it hurt him that she didn't show up, even though she had no obligation to (apparently). 

      She isn't any less mature than he is for being disappointed and saying so. The difference is the confidence. He's confident he'll win her over one day, where Marinette has no confidence at all that she'll win Adrien over. 

      Also, there's a difference between lying to Theo and his reaction to Ladybug. He was jealous that someone else expressed interest in her and acted on those feelings where with Ladybug, he's learning her feelings lie elsewhere. Or on the other hand, any flaw Adrien has is now gone.

        Loading editor
    • Slabcity wrote:

      Part of me hoped for some plot development - but I'm not at all disappointed with what we were given. What I want to know is where are the English dubs at? Disney Channel UK aren't posting the newer episodes, which has me confused.

      On a final note, can someone please explain to me why they can't reveal their identities to each other. Ladybug keeps going on about how neither of them must know - but why? I don't want the reveal just yet but this episode had me thinking about why it's forbidden just because they're superheroes?

      Supposedly, at least one new superhero is coming up in the next 2/3 episodes now, so more plot is bound to start showing up again really soon. I hope there is at least one episode that sets up the idea of pulling out the remaining Miraculouses and distributing them. I've been wrong before, but it also wouldn't surprise me

      On the English, I think they were behind compared to other countries' dubs, so it's why after "Robustus" the English version in the UK had to take a hiatus and the dual audio in other Disney Channels stopped for a while. The UK is supposed to be airing new episodes again in February, so I hope that means they've gotten a good handful of the episodes dubbed and caught up to some extent.

      I'm not sure on the secret identities thing. I'm hoping the kwamis or Master Fu go into detail on that someday, like perhaps something terrible happened when someone revealed their identity that made the rule important or we will see something justifying the rule in a future episode (I could see at least two new superheroes having a hard time keeping their mouths shut, one for truth and one for fame). I'm not really sure how Master Fu thinks Marinette and Adrien will get together if they're "made for each other" if they never find out each other's secret identites.

        Loading editor
    • Slabcity wrote:
      This episode is probably my all time favourite episode. The villian was a bit strange, but we got Love Square development that has been due for a while. For me, I always knew that Ladybug didn't think Chat's feelings for her were genuine - so now that she knows I'm hopeful for her to see Chat in a different way. You can see how much they both care for each other, especially in that final scene. Also Chat just upped my expectations of boys everywhere haha/

      Marinette causing an akuma again. This time I don't think she was too nasty however, she was heartbroken and I think we have all been there in a sense. Strange how Hawkmoth targeted André and not Marinette? Maybe having a Miraculous does prevent being akumatized - or André was an easier target?

      Okay the graphics for this episode have by far been the best of the entire series, the entire thing was so pleasing to the eye! Such a step up from season 1!

      Part of me hoped for some plot development - but I'm not at all disappointed with what we were given. What I want to know is where are the English dubs at? Disney Channel UK aren't posting the newer episodes, which has me confused.

      On a final note, can someone please explain to me why they can't reveal their identities to each other. Ladybug keeps going on about how neither of them must know - but why? I don't want the reveal just yet but this episode had me thinking about why it's forbidden just because they're superheroes?

      I'm guessing Andre was the easier target, because Marinette doesn't really have her hopes up I don't think, not like Kim with Chloe.

      The lighting in Hawk Moth's lair was especially stunning,I think, as well as the lighting from the candles Cat Noir lit.

      There is no English dub yet, they're behind, I think. Cristina Vee (who plays Marinette) just got engaged last week or so, too.

      It seems to be a rule of Tikki's, considering how adamant Tikki is she keeps her identity hidden and how Plagg doesn't seem to care, and how blase Marinette is when people might know.

        Loading editor
    • Maybe the reason why they keep their identities a secret is because if a bunch of people know, Hawk moth might know and might strike directly at them in civilian form or something


      And like ladybug says, their superheroes, not stars on tv

        Loading editor
    • Thearomalady wrote:

      Still can't give the girl a break, can you? It looked to me like she was feeling pretty down and Andre kept wanting to give her ice cream after she declined. I cannot fault her for getting frustrated that he won't let her be. She didn't even walk up to him for ice cream, he approached her. I get he was trying to be nice and cheer her up, but the poor girl clearly just wanted to be left alone, look at her body language.

      I think the reason she spurned him in the past was due to how she thought he was just playing with her feelings, that he didn't really have an attraction to her. When he tells Marinette he's in love with Ladybug, she realises he means it, and I think that lets her not be so rude when brushing him off. Her cuddling with him like that was probably meant to be an indirect apology for not meeting up with him earlier when she knows the effort he put in and how much it hurt him that she didn't show up, even though she had no obligation to (apparently). 

      She isn't any less mature than he is for being disappointed and saying so. The difference is the confidence. He's confident he'll win her over one day, where Marinette has no confidence at all that she'll win Adrien over. 

      Also, there's a difference between lying to Theo and his reaction to Ladybug. He was jealous that someone else expressed interest in her and acted on those feelings where with Ladybug, he's learning her feelings lie elsewhere. Or on the other hand, any flaw Adrien has is now gone.

      Still can't give me a break when I critice her too, can you? He was just trying to be helpful, she didn't have to say his ice cream had nothing magical, he has been doing his thing for over 20 years and she takes it out on him because her friend didn't show up, at least she could have eaten the ice cream, he offered her, or she could have took it with her and eat it later. And I said she did realise how mean she was to him, and did make up with him in the end, so points for her. 

      Oh yeah, she trust him with her life but also trust him to play with her heart, really? She had no obligation indeed, but she gave him hope, whereas Adrien send a text to Nino to not wait for him as he couldn't make it thus making Marinette not hoping in waste, while Ladybug said maybe, and even after when she had nothing to do after the fiasco with André, she didn't went to see him. She could have at least transfomed to call him to say she wouldn't come, so he wouldn't have to wait for so long. It was still bright when he pulled his thing, and it's dark when he get tired of waiting. Must have been long. 

      Not just that, he has hope, she doesn't. For someone who is so optimistic, she gets down really quick and needs someone to cheer her up, while Adrien ends up back on his feet pretty quick without anyone, which ends with him being more optimistic than her sometimes. That's the feeling I get. 

      Not really, Adrien still has flaws, he's just good at hiding them, unlike Marinette. I suppose he's used to keep his emotions in check all the time, hence why he appears flawless, when he's alone with Plagg you clearly see the flaws he has, he's a stepford smiler, full stop. 

        Loading editor
    • Chi of Darkness wrote:

      Still can't give me a break when I critice her too, can you? He was just trying to be helpful, she didn't have to say his ice cream had nothing magical, he has been doing his thing for over 20 years and she takes it out on him because her friend didn't show up, at least she could have eaten the ice cream, he offered her, or she could have took it with her and eat it later. And I said she did realise how mean she was to him, and did make up with him in the end, so points for her. 

      Oh yeah, she trust him with her life but also trust him to play with her heart, really? She had no obligation indeed, but she gave him hope, whereas Adrien send a text to Nino to not wait for him as he couldn't make it thus making Marinette not hoping in waste, while Ladybug said maybe, and even after when she had nothing to do after the fiasco with André, she didn't went to see him. She could have at least transfomed to call him to say she wouldn't come, so he wouldn't have to wait for so long. It was still bright when he pulled his thing, and it's dark when he get tired of waiting. Must have been long. 

      Not just that, he has hope, she doesn't. For someone who is so optimistic, she gets down really quick and needs someone to cheer her up, while Adrien ends up back on his feet pretty quick without anyone, which ends with him being more optimistic than her sometimes. That's the feeling I get. 

      Not really, Adrien still has flaws, he's just good at hiding them, unlike Marinette. I suppose he's used to keep his emotions in check all the time, hence why he appears flawless, when he's alone with Plagg you clearly see the flaws he has, he's a stepford smiler, full stop. 

      She's hurt and doesn't want to be talked to, she doesn't even want to be there, and Andre wasn't getting the message she didn't want to talk or have ice cream. It wasn't like she was unprovoked. People tend to lash out when they're feeling hurt and people keep pestering them, even if their intentions are good.

      He not only texted at the last minute, but he waited around for Ladybug rather than go to his previous obligation when it was clear she wouldn't show. He had no intention of going to hang out with his friends. He could have called Ladybug, left her a message that he'd meet her later. But he didn't. He just up and cancelled his plans with his friends, plans he did not intend to keep, to spend time with his crush and ended up waiting around doing nothing. You cannot tell me you wouldn't verbally flay Marinette for the same stunt.

      No arguments with the optimism thing, though. There's a lack of "show, don't tell" with the show.

      It doesn't count if we don't see the flaws. Or they aren't intended to be flaws. Adrien's flaws are not put in the light of flaws aside from his jealousy. His recklessness is portrayed as him trying to break free of his controlled life and bravery.

        Loading editor
    • Thearomalady wrote:

      She's hurt and doesn't want to be talked to, she doesn't even want to be there, and Andre wasn't getting the message she didn't want to talk or have ice cream. It wasn't like she was unprovoked. People tend to lash out when they're feeling hurt and people keep pestering them, even if their intentions are good.

      He not only texted at the last minute, but he waited around for Ladybug rather than go to his previous obligation when it was clear she wouldn't show. He had no intention of going to hang out with his friends. He could have called Ladybug, left her a message that he'd meet her later. But he didn't. He just up and cancelled his plans with his friends, plans he did not intend to keep, to spend time with his crush and ended up waiting around doing nothing. You cannot tell me you wouldn't verbally flay Marinette for the same stunt.

      No arguments with the optimism thing, though. There's a lack of "show, don't tell" with the show.

      It doesn't count if we don't see the flaws. Or they aren't intended to be flaws. Adrien's flaws are not put in the light of flaws aside from his jealousy. His recklessness is portrayed as him trying to break free of his controlled life and bravery.

      But still, at least she realised it.

      Huh, they weren't with André when he texted, Marinette had just arrived, and then Alya dragged her to get ice cream. And what was Adrien supposed to do? He comes anyway after saying he couldn't make it? Would have been weird, especially if he showed up right there and Nino would wonder how he find them, since apparently André's location change all the time and unless you check it on your phone, you won't find him just like that. His father didn't want him to spend time with his friends? He didn't say anything about spending time with his crush. And I doubt Mari would cancel her plans, since her parents aren't Gabriel.

      Yeah. It's weird though, unless that since Adrien is so used to disappointment, it's easier for him to recover from it quickly?

      Him arguing with Plagg and be exasperated with his antics does show he doesn't always have patience for his kwami's questionnable behavior. He sounds like Tikki with Marinette.

        Loading editor
    • It's worth noting that Befana (Production code 208) is ignored in this episode when Chat Noir asks if Marinette has meet him before. I think that hints that any plot/relationship development is in production order, not episode release order.

      With that in mind, immediately after this episode in production order is Despair Bear, where Adrien happily dances with Marinette and does not flirt with Ladybug as Cat Noir. Perhaps Adrien warms his heart more to Marinette as the season progresses?

        Loading editor
    • I thought about befana too. Where do I find the production codes?

        Loading editor
    • Sorry, found it by myself. Oh I see glaciator was right after prime queen when ladybug didn't want to kiss

        Loading editor
    • Chi of Darkness wrote:  And Chat Noir did took the Ladybug has a crush on someone else pretty well, and seems quite content with his friendship with her for now, whereas Marinette was unhappy that Adrien saw her as just a good friend in Riposte, saying she didn't want him to see her as a good friend, but wanted him to love her. That's the difference between their emotionnal maturity and feelings.

      You're right in the fact that Cat Noir managed Ladybug liking another guy just fine and maybe Marinette was slightly petty for wanting Adrien to love her in "Riposte" right after she partner/best friend zoned Cat Noir this episode but the difference is that Cat Noir knew that Ladybug had another guy in her life so he respected that whereas Marinette doesn't know that Adrien likes someone else (Ladybug). Maybe if Adien informed her that he likes someone else without mentioning the name of course, maybe she will respect that and back off a little.

        Loading editor
    • this episode was really amazing

        Loading editor
    • SpotsOnClawsOut wrote:

      You're right in the fact that Cat Noir managed Ladybug liking another guy just fine and maybe Marinette was slightly petty for wanting Adrien to love her in "Riposte" right after she partner/best friend zoned Cat Noir this episode but the difference is that Cat Noir knew that Ladybug had another guy in her life so he respected that whereas Marinette doesn't know that Adrien likes someone else (Ladybug). Maybe if Adien informed her that he likes someone else without mentioning the name of course, maybe she will respect that and back off a little.

      The difference here is that Marinette knows Chat Noir crushes on Ladybug now thanks to Glaciator, but Adrien doesn't know Marinette has a crush on him, hence why she friendzoned Chat Noir as Ladybug to not play with his feelings, while Adrien puts Marinette in the friendzone without a second thought since they're just friends in his mind, not that Marinette will tell him how displeased she is with the idea.

        Loading editor
    • Also, can anyone translate the second balcony scene? The one with Ladybug and Chat Noir. I found text for the MariChat scene, but cannot figure out what's going on in the other one!

        Loading editor
    • I'm new to the show (so don't crucify me if I get something wrong - but please feel free to correct me, I do want to understand more), but I saw a theory on why Ladybug and Chat Noir can't reveal themselves to each other that I really like. The basic premise is that while they cannot reveal their identities to outsiders, the reason Ladybug is insistent on not revealing herself to Chat is because of her own insecurities. She is afraid of Chat seeing her as shy, clumsy Marinette as opposed to confident, strong, and graceful Ladybug. Irregardless of whether she recognizes any feelings for Chat, this theory posits that Marinette is using the Ladybug mask as a shield of some kind and may be afraid that she will revert to the fumbling, unimpressive Ladybug of Stone Heart. 

      In my opinion, this explains why it was okay for her to reveal herself to Master Fu (and vice versa) and also shows a really strong relationship between Tikki and Marinette (based on Dark Owl) as Tikki isn't protecting the secret, but instead is protecting Marinette's wishes. It also allows for a reveal sometime in the future (as Marinette/Ladybug comes to trust Chat more and also becomes more confident in civilian life), which I'm dying to see so... 

      Thoughts?

        Loading editor
    • Honestly I would have been happier if this episode had a better villain. It seems to be just stoking the romance instead of actually developing the villain. Andre's "magical" sense in understanding a person's taste and secret crush could be a really important plot point, and if he was thinking clearly, he could probably realize that Ladybug had Marinette's taste preferences. I liked the character development we get of the schoolkids, but I felt like the episode didn't do enough with the villain. Kinda like Evillistrator, where there's so much time spent on Marinette and her B plot that there's really no resolution for Nathaniel and his problem.

        Loading editor
    • Lovely episode. The only thing I can complain is that Marinette is a bit too skilled with creating akumas. Sure in season 2 the causes have been more genuine accidents on her part, but it would be nice if we see an episode in future where Mari realises this and "tries to become a better person" with not so good end results.

        Loading editor
    • I don't really think Mari intended to cause an akuma; she was just upset because Adrien didn't show up, and she became even more down when Andre asked her about her guy to share it with when she had no one. I'm glad she didn't drop it on her own, in that it was merely knocked from her hand when that guy was running to greet his friend with the same shirt as Adrien. (seriously thought that guy was Luka when i first watched it) XD

      But when the balcony scene started I freaked, and then was barely able to contain my fangirl screams the rest of the episode. XD XD I was startled when he was treating Ladybug the way he was during the first half of the fight, but then I'm glad he apologized.

      But ah that last LadyNoir scene... my heart... i couldn't take it. I screamed when he kissed her on the cheek and then she blushed and *ahem ahem* took ​the rose (flipping around the pv) with both hands, then watched him go...

      haha she so likes him.. no loves him now... <3

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message

Ad blocker interference detected!


Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers

Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.