FANDOM


  • With all the talk of new Miracles and Kwamis and events, there's one thing that admittedly isn't being spoken of much: Lila's role in Season 2. We know from what's been revealed that Lila is going to take over the school and win Adrien's love in the only way she knows how: by lying, cheating, and manipulating her way to the top. It'll be to the point where Marinette and Alya will have to work with Chloe just to stay one step ahead of her, which seems partly to preserve the status-quo but mostly to keep Adrien out of her hands. Hawkmoth also hints that she as Volpina will return, but he can't always have a butterfly sent her way when she's upset and so I think he might arrange it so she can transform at will. Girl's got plenty of hate for Ladybug to spare, after all, and having access to her illusions would make her goals for the school even easier to reach.

    I had some hope that no matter what wickedness Lila started, Marinette would at least try to befriend her as a token apology for what happened before. Instead, this kinda makes Mari look bad because it implies that she STILL didn't learn anything from "Volpina" and is again letting her jealousy make her act very un-heroic.

    As to Lila herself, it looks like the show's going all-in with making her the Miraculous version of Eddie Brock from Spider-Man. Like Eddie in the original comics, her arc seems to building up to "pride goeth before the fall" as it will most likely end with her being exposed and humiliated in front of the entire school due to Marinette and/or Ladybug (because that's how such plots always end). And when you've got a supervillain who can take your negative emotions and turn them into power, the amount of hate and rage Lila will no doubt be feeling after losing everything could result in her eventually becoming something even worse than Volpina.

    But that's just how I see it.

      Loading editor
    • I don't think we should be assuming Marinette doesn't try with Lila until we see their first interactions onscreen in Season 2. Marinette is the person who will try to fix things she had done wrong, like giving up her spot to Max for the tournament, apologizing to fans like Théo and Chloé, and explaining the situation that she caused to Nadja about Manon. On the flipside, Marinette makes unintentionally or purposefully selfish choices, so it's wrong to be certain she'll access react to a situation in a positive, wise way; flaws are what make her interesting as long as the show acknowlegdes them and develops her through them. However, there's no guarantee that either befriending Lila or not would make anything better between them. Marinette could try, ignoring Lila's lying in her attempts, but it may do nothing to bring them together or put them on good terms. Likewise, Marinette may not bother starting a friendship with Lila, but it may still have led to the same outcome as trying to make amends.

      Justified or not, Lila rejected Ladybug's apology and seemingly hasn't learned anything from the whole ordeal. It would take something huge for Ladybug to be able to make Lila like and forgive her, but the damage is done. She is popular and well-liked with her peers right now, who wouldn't know about the confrontation at the part pre-akumatization or the exact reasons why Lila was akumatized. At school, Lila may only see Marinette as another fan or hers (before issues between them start up), while keeping a spiteful grudge against Ladybug. Meanwhile, Marinette dislikes liars, as both "Antibug" and "Volpina" stressed, and while she could gain sympathy for the Italian student, she may still be displeased with her dishonest, self-purposed presentation of herself. Their personalities, moral beliefs, and desires put them at a conflict with each other that may not be mendable right now. Both girls are flawed, and not every attempt to mend things or a lack thereof would've changed the outcome anyway. Anything can happen here, and we can't guess from a vague-ish season synopsis who or what is to blame for the shaky, turmoiled relationship between them yet.

      On Lila, her story role sounds fascinating. I wanted Lila to remain an enemy or rival for Marinette/Ladybug, and while I'm baffled why Lila has fooled herself into thinking she can re-lie her way into Adrien's heart, watching her manipulate others has promise for any kind of dilemma to pop up as she builds herself up and potentially pushes others down. I already did some length on Lila here, and to sum it up, I appreciate Lila's morally complicated personality. Why does a girl who seems like she'd be easily liked by others as herself feel like she has to trick others to garner love and attention? I understand why many fans are upset that she isn't a good person right now, but I think that makes her more interesting than being another kind, pure face in the series. If Chloé is an indicator too, it's not like Lila won't be redeemed someday, although the opposite direction is also possible. I'm just saying, Hawk Moth would really benefit from a exceptional, clever, and deceptive non-powered ally like Lila...

      Also, while I'm sure the relationships, good or bad, between Lila and Marinette/Ladybug and between Lila and Adrien/Cat Noir have a lot of offer, I want to see the relationships Lila will have with Alya and Chloé, as I explained here. Lila is a foil to Marinette on their methods of making friends and developing relationships with their crushes. Alya desires the truth at all costs, even when some truths should be kept secret, which constrasts greatly with Lila, who relies heavily on lies and illusions. Both Lila and Chloé like being popular and have selfish desires, but Lila hides her true self behind false bravado and information about herself to be liked and noticed, Chloé instead having true popularity as the Mayor's daughter and being blunt yet being rude and cruel to others openly. I can see why all three girls will have reason to clash against Lila, and these clashes could end up having something to do with two of those girls' future promotions.

        Loading editor
    • Fair enough, but I've seen these school takeover plots before and they always end badly for the antagonist involved. The real mystery to me is where Lila goes from there afterwards.

        Loading editor
    • Part of me wonders if Lila's continued interest in Adrien is not out actual interest so much as it is of spite, knowing that Ladybug cares deeply for Adrien. Ladybug wouldn't listen to Cat Noir that the Adrien she saw was just an illusion until he destroyed the illusion. Lila was near enough to see that Ladybug would give up her Miraculous for Adrien. Knowing that, she may pursue Adrien for the sole purpose of taking the thing Ladybug cares about most. It's not out of Lila's character to be spiteful about it, I don't think. I'm not even sure she was ever actually interested in Adrien herself. It doesn't really make sense that Lila would have a crush deep enough to warrant akumatisation when crushed without even meeting him. We pretty much saw any exhanges they had, since Adrien had to have just arrived at school himself not long before Marinette. So presumably, Lila is actually interested in Adrien's popularity. She's possibly interested in him like the stereotypical cheerleader is interested in the also stereotypical big man on campus quarterback. Her interest is entirely superficial, maybe even something she feels she is owed by right of being the most popular girl in school.

      I do think Lila probably has a reason for being the way she is. She does tell Alya that her parents are diplomats, so she travels a lot. This is probably a lie, but all good lies are rooted somewhere in the truth, and she might actually be a military brat who travels a lot, but she doesn't go anywhere particularly interesting. So, she might be lonely. She might have herself been bullied and that's why her parents moved her to a new school so late in the school year. Lila might just love attention and there's no reason for her being the way she is, which might contrast her with Chloe, assuming I'm right and Chloe either does not get as much attention as it seems she does, or is the way she is by trying to please her mother. I'd almost like it more if Lila was just an unapologetically terrible person for just no real reason, it's just the way her personality developed, but she slowly changes and gets real friends.

        Loading editor
    • In all honesty, i'm just glad that my theory about Lila becoming a recurring antagonist and/or an ally or apprentice of Hawk Moth's coming true. 

      But if we're looking for character expansion, do you know what would be cool? Put Lila in Ms. Mendelevie's class. That way, we have a central character in a classroom full of characters we have yet to see in depth, opening up a whole new door for both akumatized villains, character development, heck, maybe even the LGBTQ characters we were promised. Why stop there? What if one of those students is Kagami? 

        Loading editor
    • I would like to see more of her class for sure. Ms Mendeleiev's class has had two victims in it, Aurore and Jean. For a while I assumed she and Miss Bustier were a teaching pair, based on the fact that Ms Mendeleiev teaches two subjects. Half their classes shared a PE slot, half of them instead went to the library, those that weren't in electives would go to study hall on Fridays.

      I think Lila not always being in Marinette's class would be nice, since she's already got Chloe in the class, although Lila is very different from Chloe in the sense that Lila is way sneakier than Chloe could dream of. We'd also get to see Lila manipulating both her class and Marinette's, meaning we'd see more of her manipulative power. Right now, as I cannot stress enough, it seems more like she's got everyone under a spell than she is merely a good liar. I cannot get over the way Alya just brushed Marinette off like she did, or Adrien's interest in Lila based on her knowing Ladybug. It was super weird.

      I really do think they missed an opportinity to show just what a master manipulator Lila is by not showing her manipulating other students or teachers, since I doubt they'll start showing us Ms Medeleiev's class without someone important in it. If Lila were in the other class, they'd be forced to show them.

      Kagami might get put in Miss Bustier's class, since there are two open seats in the room, not counting Lila's (Ivan sits alone behind Marinette and Alya's desk, and Nathaneal is by himself directly behind Ivan). Doesn't mean she won't be one of the LGBTQ characters we were promised, though. We also don't know if Kagami will be a minor character in the vein of Nino or not.

        Loading editor
    • To be fair, Bustier and Damocles are very easily swayed and manipulated by Chloe, so Lila pulling the wool over them really isn't anything worth bragging about. Mendeleiev, on the other hand, does not tolerate such antics. It'll be much more impressive if Lila can sway her, but it'll no doubt be a much harder task for her.

        Loading editor
    • Maetch wrote:
      To be fair, Bustier and Damocles are very easily swayed and manipulated by Chloe, so Lila pulling the wool over them really isn't anything worth bragging about. Mendeleiev, on the other hand, does not tolerate such antics. It'll be much more impressive if Lila can sway her, but it'll no doubt be a much harder task for her.

      Once more I must disagree with you. Miss Bustier and Principal Damocles are not easily swayed by Chloe. In "Lady Wifi", Mr Damocles had no intention of punishing Alya until Chloe and Sabrina made a somewhat decent argument that Alya was way out of line in what she did, and though there are no rules against it she should be punished. He probably had no intention of actually making her serve an hour's worth of detention. It wasn't until Chloe called her dad that Mr Damocles gave Alya the actual punishment for theft. We know Andre has no problem threatening to cut all funding to the school and firing people, and Damocles knows that, too. In "Rogercop", Miss Bustier actually tries to get Mr Bourgeois and Marinette's dad to stop fighting and does not take Mr Bourgeois' side. She is also clearly desperate for someone else to run for Class Rep, but can't directly suggest someone. In "Reflekta", it's her who tells Chloe off for her behaviour. I can't really think of a single time when Miss Bustier was manipulated by Chloe

      Further, Chloe and Lila take two different tactics. Chloe manipulates to get her way with threats, while Lila manipulates through lying and sweet words. She's more like Adrien and Marinette in that regard, who both lie about where they're going and where they've been to cover for being Ladybug and Cat Noir.

        Loading editor
    • Thearomalady wrote:
      Maetch wrote:
      To be fair, Bustier and Damocles are very easily swayed and manipulated by Chloe, so Lila pulling the wool over them really isn't anything worth bragging about. Mendeleiev, on the other hand, does not tolerate such antics. It'll be much more impressive if Lila can sway her, but it'll no doubt be a much harder task for her.
      Once more I must disagree with you. Miss Bustier and Principal Damocles are not easily swayed by Chloe. In "Lady Wifi", Mr Damocles had no intention of punishing Alya until Chloe and Sabrina made a somewhat decent argument that Alya was way out of line in what she did, and though there are no rules against it she should be punished. He probably had no intention of actually making her serve an hour's worth of detention. It wasn't until Chloe called her dad that Mr Damocles gave Alya the actual punishment for theft. We know Andre has no problem threatening to cut all funding to the school and firing people, and Damocles knows that, too. In "Rogercop", Miss Bustier actually tries to get Mr Bourgeois and Marinette's dad to stop fighting and does not take Mr Bourgeois' side. She is also clearly desperate for someone else to run for Class Rep, but can't directly suggest someone. In "Reflekta", it's her who tells Chloe off for her behaviour. I can't really think of a single time when Miss Bustier was manipulated by Chloe

      Further, Chloe and Lila take two different tactics. Chloe manipulates to get her way with threats, while Lila manipulates through lying and sweet words. She's more like Adrien and Marinette in that regard, who both lie about where they're going and where they've been to cover for being Ladybug and Cat Noir.

      Ignoring my point that Mendeleive is not like Bustier or Damocles. Whereas the other two try to compromise or simply buckle under the pressure, Mendeleive's way of getting people like Chloe in line is to bluntly tell them in ther face "I'M in charge, not you" and it works. Let's see Lila get her under her thumb and then I'll be impressed.

        Loading editor
    • Maetch wrote:
      Thearomalady wrote:
      Maetch wrote:
      To be fair, Bustier and Damocles are very easily swayed and manipulated by Chloe, so Lila pulling the wool over them really isn't anything worth bragging about. Mendeleiev, on the other hand, does not tolerate such antics. It'll be much more impressive if Lila can sway her, but it'll no doubt be a much harder task for her.
      Once more I must disagree with you. Miss Bustier and Principal Damocles are not easily swayed by Chloe. In "Lady Wifi", Mr Damocles had no intention of punishing Alya until Chloe and Sabrina made a somewhat decent argument that Alya was way out of line in what she did, and though there are no rules against it she should be punished. He probably had no intention of actually making her serve an hour's worth of detention. It wasn't until Chloe called her dad that Mr Damocles gave Alya the actual punishment for theft. We know Andre has no problem threatening to cut all funding to the school and firing people, and Damocles knows that, too. In "Rogercop", Miss Bustier actually tries to get Mr Bourgeois and Marinette's dad to stop fighting and does not take Mr Bourgeois' side. She is also clearly desperate for someone else to run for Class Rep, but can't directly suggest someone. In "Reflekta", it's her who tells Chloe off for her behaviour. I can't really think of a single time when Miss Bustier was manipulated by Chloe

      Further, Chloe and Lila take two different tactics. Chloe manipulates to get her way with threats, while Lila manipulates through lying and sweet words. She's more like Adrien and Marinette in that regard, who both lie about where they're going and where they've been to cover for being Ladybug and Cat Noir.

      Ignoring my point that Mendeleive is not like Bustier or Damocles. Whereas the other two try to compromise or simply buckle under the pressure, Mendeleive's way of getting people like Chloe in line is to bluntly tell them in ther face "I'M in charge, not you" and it works. Let's see Lila get her under her thumb and then I'll be impressed.

      You are not one who should be criticising me for not mentioning something. See our last disagreement where you continuously ignored my point about Alya's blog and still have not addressed how Lila being the best liar in the world would affect hits on a blog when you yourself pointed out that Ladybug saving people is old news. I didn't mention Ms Mendeleiev because I was disagreeing with you about your incorrect assessment on the other two. She was irrelevant. But since you insist, very well.

      Ms Medeleiev rarely interacts with Chloe. The one time she gets after Chloe, it's when Chloe is running in the classroom but does she send Chloe to the principal? No. Does she do anything besides tell Chloe to knock it off? No. Did she criticise Chloe for bullying Nathaneal? No. Miss Bustier would have sent Chloe to the principal because she has a one warning policy, as indicated by how she sends Ivan and Marinette to the principal.

      Once again, Lila and Chloe have different approaches. Chloe uses fear to get what she wants, while Lila plays to the heart. Chloe is a straightforward bully. Lila is not. Chloe would rather tattle than handle a problem herself like Lila. Where Lila would play the wounded gazelle gambit, Chloe would cut the knot by tattling to her dad about what happened. Even if you want to insist Ms Medeleiev is not affected by intimidation, we have seen nothing to suggest she wouldn't be manipulated by someone who pretends to be innocent and sympathetic all the time and pulls it off so that people will always take her side.

        Loading editor
    • You wanna know why I won't answer about the blog? Because I've noticed that whenever I try to simply pitch something for no good reason beyond having a place to vent my silly ideas for fun, you respond by tearing everything into shreds and act like this is supposed to be a serious show where everything has to have some logic or explanation, and whenever I try to point out ways the ideas could happen regardless, you tear it up more. And it's really not fun because in the end, it's a flippin' KIDS show.

      This is not an epic on the level of War & Peace. It's just simple-if-cliche superhero fun for kids with some romantic sub-plots for good measure. I can try to find explanations as much as the next person, but if it doesn't make sense or has no basis or evidence for happening, so what? Can't we all just enjoy the ride and not think too much about it? ZAG's target audience isn't expected to, after all.

        Loading editor
    • This is not a serious debate, although it's okay to disagree and point out why you don't think the same thing. However, disagreements don't have to be confrontational, using second-person phrasing like "you" (I know I'm being hypocritical right now) and pointing out everything wrong with what someone says, and not every view you don't like or you don't think is right feel needs a response. Everyone, let's all agree to disagree and not take offense to anything, okay? I don't want to close this discussion, but I want every person to be enjoying themselves in discussions like this in expressing their thoughts on a show they're a fan of, not feeling frustrated, attacked, or ignored. Thank you.

        Loading editor
    • Question: do you guys type out your answers on word and do copy and past cause this is a lot of writing

        Loading editor
    • Flitter2 wrote:
      Question: do you guys type out your answers on word and do copy and past cause this is a lot of writing

      I don't! I just always write a lot.

        Loading editor
    • I know I'm late,but I have to say that out. I translated shipbreaker's family name and found out Rossi means red. Red(in some cases)means bad. So maybe it's a hint she'll push Chloe out of her position and trying become a new Alpha herself?

        Loading editor
    • Pegasushunt125 wrote:
      I know I'm late,but I have to say that out. I translated shipbreaker's family name and found out Rossi means red. Red(in some cases)means bad. So maybe it's a hint she'll push Chloe out of her position and trying become a new Alpha herself?

      Um, this is more or less exactly what Lila will be doing in Season 2.

        Loading editor
    • She's nowhere to be seen in any of the trailers, so I'm not sure if we'll see her much outside of school. I guess Chloe also hates her enough to not to invite Lila to the ball but Marinettte is there?

        Loading editor
    • Allya373 wrote:
      She's nowhere to be seen in any of the trailers, so I'm not sure if we'll see her much outside of school. I guess Chloe also hates her enough to not to invite Lila to the ball but Marinettte is there?

      My prediction on Marinette getting invited is that Adrien is helping Chloé make friends and get along better with others, including Marinette. Otherwise, I'm surprised too that Chloé would have invited her and many of the students she has shown disdain towards in the past.

      As for Lila, I can't say I know why she isn't there. We know Lila is still around and even in Marinette and Chloé's class, but unless she ends up being there or we're given a reason why she doesn't attend, it's a mystery to me. We haven't seen anything footage-wise with Lila or the two new students yet, so I wonder if their importance to Season 2 was exaggerated, they have greater importance after the first few episodes, or if they don't appear for a long time.

        Loading editor
    • Tansyflower wrote:

      As for Lila, I can't say I know why she isn't there. We know Lila is still around and even in Marinette and Chloé's class, but unless she ends up being there or we're given a reason why she doesn't attend, it's a mystery to me. We haven't seen anything footage-wise with Lila or the two new students yet, so I wonder if their importance to Season 2 was exaggerated, they have greater importance after the first few episodes, or if they don't appear for a long time.

      I think the fans have exaggerated Kagami and Luka, but I think Lila is going to matter more than either of them, unless they align themselves with Lila and become the Totally Spies! shout out that Chloe, Sabrina, and Alix were initially during development. Lila we've heard a little bit more about, all we know about Kagami and Luka is enough to more or less satisfactorally fill one episode and be addressed in minor continuity reappearances. It's possible Lila was originally planned to be in Miss Bustier's class, but was moved to a different one during the writing of Season 2. There's no evidence in the episode she shows up in to suggest she's in their class, so they could move her if they wanted, and they couldn't put all three of them in Miss Bustier's class- Miss Bustier only has two open seats in her room, not counting Lila. I mean, it's unlikely that Lila's classroom alignment was not changed, but it's possible if they wanted to put her in with Luka and Kagami to form a trio.

      I think Lila isn't in the party scenes because she either chose not to come (which is unlikely unless she has something planned), or she plans on making some grand entrance. It's also possible she's the only person Chloé didn't invite out of jealousy and spite, and invited Marinette and Alya so that Lila is the only one Chloé didn't invite. But the problem with that is it's pretty cruel bullying, even for Chloe. She'll make fun of people in front of an audience, but I don't think she'd invite everyone to a party, even girls she really dislikes, but leave out one girl just because she really hates her.

        Loading editor
    • Thearomalady wrote:
      I think Lila isn't in the party scenes because she either chose not to come (which is unlikely unless she has something planned), or she plans on making some grand entrance. It's also possible she's the only person Chloé didn't invite out of jealousy and spite, and invited Marinette and Alya so that Lila is the only one Chloé didn't invite. But the problem with that is it's pretty cruel bullying, even for Chloe. She'll make fun of people in front of an audience, but I don't think she'd invite everyone to a party, even girls she really dislikes, but leave out one girl just because she really hates her.

      I'm siding with the first one. If you think about it, Lila not showing up to Chloe's massive party would undoubtably bring even more attention to herself, and she could always come up with some convoluted reason why she couldn't come, like having to help out at the animal hospital, a sick brother, funeral, etc. You know that whatever she says, everyone is going to buy it. Besides that, Chloe has known Lila for what? A whole day by this point? Sure, she's jelous of her, but if she's inviting Marinette and Alya of all people, Lila would have to do something really, really bad to get kicked off the guest list, or maybe she got kicked off on purpose and manipulates that into making Chloe look even worse. 

      Overall, it's Lila. Whatever she's planning, someone is going to get screwed over. 

        Loading editor
    • DarkClaw3 wrote:

      I'm siding with the first one. If you think about it, Lila not showing up to Chloe's massive party would undoubtably bring even more attention to herself, and she could always come up with some convoluted reason why she couldn't come, like having to help out at the animal hospital, a sick brother, funeral, etc. You know that whatever she says, everyone is going to buy it. Besides that, Chloe has known Lila for what? A whole day by this point? Sure, she's jelous of her, but if she's inviting Marinette and Alya of all people, Lila would have to do something really, really bad to get kicked off the guest list, or maybe she got kicked off on purpose and manipulates that into making Chloe look even worse. 

      Overall, it's Lila. Whatever she's planning, someone is going to get screwed over. 

      We don't know how long she'll have known Lila for by the time the party happens. Chloé could just kick her off the list for being more popular. But like I said, that seems cruel, even for Chloé. I personally think Lila plans on making some grand entrance or she's trying to make Chloé look bad. Tbh Lila could just say Chloé didn't invite her. People are gonna believe her.

        Loading editor
    • We know Chloe will be fighting against Lila's attempted takeover of the school (and also Adrien), so whatever appeal Chloe saw in her most likely died very fast and would justify her not inviting a perceived threat to her status-quo. That or she's present but the clips shown were simply edited to hide Lila from view completely to prevent spoilers.

        Loading editor
    • Maetch wrote:
      We know Chloe will be fighting against Lila's attempted takeover of the school (and also Adrien), so whatever appeal Chloe saw in her most likely died very fast and would justify her not inviting a perceived threat to her status-quo. That or she's present but the clips shown were simply edited to hide Lila from view completely to prevent spoilers.

      Considering what we've seen of the spoilers so far, I expect they didn't edit her out (I mean, they showed us the Collector in Hawk Moth's lair, which is pretty major since he's the only one so far), but she's just not there. That is a much better and more Chloé-like reason for not inviting her, though. I like it. 

        Loading editor
    • being Alya is comfirm to be the true weilder of the fox miraculous i hope lila becomes the faker again and fight her

        Loading editor
    • Thearomalady wrote:
      Maetch wrote:
      We know Chloe will be fighting against Lila's attempted takeover of the school (and also Adrien), so whatever appeal Chloe saw in her most likely died very fast and would justify her not inviting a perceived threat to her status-quo. That or she's present but the clips shown were simply edited to hide Lila from view completely to prevent spoilers.
      Considering what we've seen of the spoilers so far, I expect they didn't edit her out (I mean, they showed us the Collector in Hawk Moth's lair, which is pretty major since he's the only one so far), but she's just not there. That is a much better and more Chloé-like reason for not inviting her, though. I like it. 

      If I recall, we weren't even supposed to see that clip with Collector.

        Loading editor
    • Maetch wrote:
      Thearomalady wrote:
      Maetch wrote:
      We know Chloe will be fighting against Lila's attempted takeover of the school (and also Adrien), so whatever appeal Chloe saw in her most likely died very fast and would justify her not inviting a perceived threat to her status-quo. That or she's present but the clips shown were simply edited to hide Lila from view completely to prevent spoilers.
      Considering what we've seen of the spoilers so far, I expect they didn't edit her out (I mean, they showed us the Collector in Hawk Moth's lair, which is pretty major since he's the only one so far), but she's just not there. That is a much better and more Chloé-like reason for not inviting her, though. I like it. 
      If I recall, we weren't even supposed to see that clip with Collector.

      Well... Okay, I suppose that's true, isn't it? Now you mention it though, let's say for the sake of argument this trailer is the only piece of information we've ever had for Season 2, aside from the fact that Season 2 was announced and is being worked on. Something like this was what we were supposed to see, not the other stuff, after all. Wouldn't it be odd that Lila isn't there, since she was established in the last episode of the previous season and set up to still be angry? Her lack of presence draws more attention to her than her actually being there would, I would think. I mean, if she was in the background talking to Rose and Juleka, nobody would think much on it, surely. Just "Oh, there's Lila, talking to Rose and Juleka. So we know she's in the episode".

      I mean, obviously there's a chance you're right, but it seems a little odd to edit her out to avoid spoilers and I guess just not talk about her, unless they want us to talk about Lila.

        Loading editor
    • Is Lila even in season 2 I haven't seen her so far...

        Loading editor
    • Bvnultimate8787 wrote:
      Is Lila even in season 2 I haven't seen her so far...

      Supposedly she's supposed to appear, but it's weird she hasn't.

        Loading editor
    • In an interview, Feri confirmed that Lila will appear again and "have an important-ish" role. I don't know why she hasn't shown up this season yet, but while I can understand a completely new character like Luka not showing up early on, it feels strange that Lila, who was set up notably in "Volpina", hasn't shown up in any sort of way outside of nameless mention in "The Collector".

        Loading editor
    • To be honest, we have not had any school-centric episodes yet, and the few times that we do see College Dupont are only for a few minutes at most before the plot moves off-campus. Maybe when we finally get an episode that focuses on Marinette's school life, Lila will pop up again.

        Loading editor
    • Maetch wrote:
      To be honest, we have not had any school-centric episodes yet, and the few times that we do see College Dupont are only for a few minutes at most before the plot moves off-campus. Maybe when we finally get an episode that focuses on Marinette's school life, Lila will pop up again.

      Probably, but it doesn't appear she's in their class. Otherwise she should have been in "Despair Bear", since the entire class was having a lesson with Marinette's dad.

      Actually, is she even a student at the school? That could have been another one of her lies.

        Loading editor
    • Thearomalady wrote:
      Maetch wrote:
      To be honest, we have not had any school-centric episodes yet, and the few times that we do see College Dupont are only for a few minutes at most before the plot moves off-campus. Maybe when we finally get an episode that focuses on Marinette's school life, Lila will pop up again.
      Probably, but it doesn't appear she's in their class. Otherwise she should have been in "Despair Bear", since the entire class was having a lesson with Marinette's dad.

      Actually, is she even a student at the school? That could have been another one of her lies.

      Maybe they are saving her for later in the season, when Chloe, Alya, and Marinette have developed more. I think Lila is suppossed to force the ladder two to realize the Chloe has grown.

        Loading editor
    • Maybe they are saving her for later in the season, when Chloe, Alya, and Marinette have developed more. I think Lila is suppossed to force the ladder two to realize the Chloe has grown.

      It's unlikely, given that she is confirmed to appear. That, and Lila "forcing" Marinette and Alya to see that Chloe has become a better person sounds more like lazy writing than a real use of her character to me. 

        Loading editor
    • DarkClaw3 wrote:

      Maybe they are saving her for later in the season, when Chloe, Alya, and Marinette have developed more. I think Lila is suppossed to force the ladder two to realize the Chloe has grown.

      It's unlikely, given that she is confirmed to appear. That, and Lila "forcing" Marinette and Alya to see that Chloe has become a better person sounds more like lazy writing than a real use of her character to me. 

      The thing about Lila is nothing she does is clear. All we know about her is she's a pretty selfish, shallow girl and she knows how to manipulate people. She's not so much a good liar (every good lie is rooted in truth and hers are just outright lies) as she is good at seeing what people want and playing to that to get what she wants from them. There's no way to know what's true about Lila and what isn't. All of her lies are shallow, her interest in Adrien is pretty shallow considering she'd literally just met him and was already trying to woo him, her dislike of Ladybug is pretty shallow before Ladybug actually gave her a reason to dislike her... But because Lila can be convincing, it's impossible to tell what's true and what isn't about her. Chloe, on the other hand... what you see is what you get with Chloe. She's as transparent as wind. She's easier to handle and you don't have to worry about a surprise backstab from Chloe because she's very predictable. Lila is Chloe's foil.

      So I think they might find Chloe to be the lesser of two evils at best when Lila reappears, and find some kind of common ground with her. I really hope they don't make Lila into a sympathetic character and just keep her a self-centred liar in contrast to Chloe actually growing. It's pretty clear she doesn't think she did anything wrong in "Volpina" considering how she refuses to forgive Ladybug even though if she hadn't lied, she wouldn't be in that situation. Keeping in mind that as far as she can see, that is exactly what happened. She doesn't know Marinette acted on jealousy. As far as she knows, Ladybug was furious about Lila telling lies about her. Chloe by contrast does forgive Ladybug even though it was Chloe's initial lies that led to Ladybug refusing to accept her advice. Chloe also knows she's not a good person, considering what she says in "Origins Part 2" after Stoneheart throws her. Lila seems to think she's in the right. So it kinda makes sense that if Chloe grows, Lila will stubbornly refuse to do so herself.

        Loading editor
    • The fact that Lila will try and steal Adrien and try to become popular at school really gets on my nerves. I really hope she will change and no longer become a liar and learn the errors of her ways and become a better person and maybe one day become a superhero of different kwami.

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message