FANDOM


  • Who do you guys think is more powerful:

    The Puppeteer, Or Volpina?

    Leave your thoughts here

      Loading editor
    • The Puppeteer. Definitely the Puppeteer.

      As one of the biggest Volpina fans out there, it's kind of hard for me to admit that I think she's the least powerful of all the villains. She's got just one power, -and when you know what it is and how to counter it, she's quite easy to defeat. The thing is, in that last fight against Ladybug and Cat Noir, there was no actual risk for the heroes; Volpina couldn't have done anything to hurt them.

      The Puppeteer, on the other hand, is probably the most powerful of all the villains, for one simple reason: she's got an Evillustrator puppet, and so can use that one to draw a puppet of whomever she wants. So she could even get a Volpina puppet in that way.

      Then again, "most powerful" and "most threatening" aren't quite the same thing. While Volpina would certainly lose a fight against the Puppeteer, I think she could pose about an equal threat to the city of Paris. Because Volpina is much more clever, and knows how to use her power to manipulate people to do what she wants. This only works if the people in question don't know anything about her, and only if it doesn't come down to an actual fight.

      But while the Puppeteer is more powerful, she's not nearly as clever. It's easy to see exactly what she's trying to do, and so she couldn't really accomplish anything that requires something more than brute force.

        Loading editor
    • Lilanette wrote:
      The Puppeteer. Definitely the Puppeteer.

      As one of the biggest Volpina fans out there, it's kind of hard for me to admit that I think she's the least powerful of all the villains. She's got just one power, -and when you know what it is and how to counter it, she's quite easy to defeat. The thing is, in that last fight against Ladybug and Cat Noir, there was no actual risk for the heroes; Volpina couldn't have done anything to hurt them.

      The Puppeteer, on the other hand, is probably the most powerful of all the villains, for one simple reason: she's got an Evillustrator puppet, and so can use that one to draw a puppet of whomever she wants. So she could even get a Volpina puppet in that way.

      Then again, "most powerful" and "most threatening" aren't quite the same thing. While Volpina would certainly lose a fight against the Puppeteer, I think she could pose about an equal threat to the city of Paris. Because Volpina is much more clever, and knows how to use her power to manipulate people to do what she wants. This only works if the people in question don't know anything about her, and only if it doesn't come down to an actual fight.

      But while the Puppeteer is more powerful, she's not nearly as clever. It's easy to see exactly what she's trying to do, and so she couldn't really accomplish anything that requires something more than brute force.

      Do you think that, if the Puppeter wasn't a child, but instead, an adult, she could've won?

        Loading editor
    • Won against who? Against Ladybug? I'm sure she could have. If she'd been an adult, I think she could have come up with a better strategy—for instance, having Evillustrator draw a Ladybug doll.

        Loading editor
    • I just thought of an analogy that I like, so I think I'll put it here. Consider the movies "Man of Steel" and "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice". In the first movie, the main villain was General Zod, who was a threat because he was part of a team of very powerful supervillains. In the second movie, the main villain was Lex Luthor, who didn't actually have any superpowers, but was excellent at manipulating people and coming up with clever schemes.

      In this analogy, the Puppeteer is General Zod. She's very powerful, and leads a team of supervillains, and their main strength is brute force. Then Volpina is Lex Luthor: she's distinguished from Lex by having one fairly weak power, but her main strength still comes from scheming and manipulating.

      There's no question that Zod was more powerful than Lex, and in the same way, there's no question that the Puppeteer is more powerful than Volpina. But I think that Lex was still a greater threat than Zod, which shows that power and threat do not go hand in hand. And so, I think the Puppeteer and Volpina are equal threats.

        Loading editor
    • Lilanette wrote:
      I just thought of an analogy that I like, so I think I'll put it here. Consider the movies "Man of Steel" and "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice". In the first movie, the main villain was General Zod, who was a threat because he was part of a team of very powerful supervillains. In the second movie, the main villain was Lex Luthor, who didn't actually have any superpowers, but was excellent at manipulating people and coming up with clever schemes.

      In this analogy, the Puppeteer is General Zod. She's very powerful, and leads a team of supervillains, and their main strength is brute force. Then Volpina is Lex Luthor: she's distinguished from Lex by having one fairly weak power, but her main strength still comes from scheming and manipulating.

      There's no question that Zod was more powerful than Lex, and in the same way, there's no question that the Puppeteer is more powerful than Volpina. But I think that Lex was still a greater threat than Zod, which shows that power and threat do not go hand in hand. And so, I think the Puppeteer and Volpina are equal threats.

      Tanks for the explanation

        Loading editor
    • So what are your thoughts on this, Pomick209?

        Loading editor
    • Lilanette wrote:
      So what are your thoughts on this, Pomick209?

      Thoughts on what?

        Loading editor
    • I was wondering about your thoughts on the question you asked. Which of them do you think is more powerful?

        Loading editor
    • Pomick209 wrote:
      Who do you guys think is more powerful:

      The Puppeteer, Or Volpina?

      Leave your thoughts here

      The Puppeteer is the youngest and arguably the most powerful akumatized villain so far.She was the closest to getting Ladybug's miraculous.If the chain of events that lead to Lady WiFi pausing The Puppeteer when she was about to make the Ladybug doll come to life,Puppeteer would have been the victorious in this battle.

        Loading editor
    • Winny said that (at the time) La Marionnettiste was the most powerful akumatized villain.

        Loading editor
    • The Puppeteer controlled 4 other villains as well as Cat Noir. However, Volpina nearly managed to get Ladybug to relinquish her miraculous although her plan immediately backfires. Manon (who transformed) to the Puppeteer is so far the youngest akumatized villain and she controlled Lady Wifi, Evillustrator and Rogercop and Cat Noir (I'm not surprised :P). and she nearly controlled Ladybug too but that didn't work out! It's really hard to debate because Volpina and The Puppeteer were both nearly victorious in battle! Therefore in my opinion, Ladybug is the strongest Hero/Villain (not that she is a villain) and Cat Noir as the second at the moment! 😇

        Loading editor
    • Puppeteer was the closest to getting Ladybug and Chat Noir's miraculouses which to me is a good enough measure of power.

        Loading editor
    • IMO, Puppeteer is much more powerful. Thank goodness Marinette didn't have time to do everyone. Akuma Volpina is mentally more powerful, as she can create illusions and is very clever with how she uses them, she also is at the age when she can really do independant thinking, unlike Puppeteer, who is more simple-minded. If Puppeteer was older, then Puppeteer would've been way more dangerous, more dangerous than Volpina would be because Puppeteer could easily break into a toy store and use those dolls (because you never know what kind of merchandise they sell, maybe villains that CN and LB has fought? That's a great marketing thing IMO) or like someone else said, have Evillustrator draw up a doll for any serious threat akumatized villain that Puppeteer wants (Antibug, Stormy Weather, Volpina, Timebreaker, Copycat, Pharaoh, Darkblade, Stoneheart, Mime, Magician of Misfortune, Princess Fragrance, Animan, Simon Says, Kung Food, and Vanisher).

      I might make a seperate topic on my opinion for serious threat akumatized villains.

        Loading editor
    • Puppeteer is 100% more powerful. She controled 4 other villains- including Cat Noir. Every villain by himself is powerful, so it's even harder to fight  a few villians together. Volpina is very powerful, too- she can create illusions, and she made Cat Noir think they're on the same side- but as Ladybug proved, with half a brain- or at least deeper thinking, considering Cat Noir is pretty smart (most of the time)- you can figure out her lies. It still will be hard to fight against Volpina, but she can't make a real army of villians to fight against Ladybug and Cat Noir. She's just one, not 4.

      Anyway, Ladybug and Cat Noir are more powerful than any villian, no matter if they 4 or more :)   

        Loading editor
    • Definitely Puppeteer. She was the closest to getting the miraculouses, even smart enough to know what Hawk Moth wanted (though not smart enough to resist him even though she knew what was going on). If Ladybug wasn't wise, then Puppeteer definitely would have taken control of her doll and have won.

      Besides, Volpina can create illusions, not real threats. A few more seconds and Puppeteer would have succeeded.

        Loading editor
    • Well at first, I believed it would be Volpina, but I now believe that the Puppeteer has the most power. Volpina can just control illusions, but the Puppeteer can control people, that's one huge thought.

        Loading editor
    • PinkSquid5 wrote:
      Well at first, I believed it would be Volpina, but I now believe that the Puppeteer has the most power. Volpina can just control illusions, but the Puppeteer can control people, that's one huge thought.

      It's a paradox: she can control Lady Wifi, but once she was frozen there was literally nothing LW could do; she was just a puppet.

        Loading editor
    • If volpina did what copycat did then she would have won by getting the entire population to go against ladybug for all the fake crimes she did thus creating a army of willing people and controling paris....!!!!!!!:-)

        Loading editor
    • Just cometing i deers 123 wrote:
      If volpina did what copycat did then she would have won by getting the entire population to go against ladybug for all the fake crimes she did thus creating a army of willing people and controling paris....!!!!!!!:-)

      Never thought of that. However Copycat did lose in the end.

        Loading editor
    • PelizTheMiraculousPanda wrote:
      The Puppeteer controlled 4 other villains as well as Cat Noir. However, Volpina nearly managed to get Ladybug to relinquish her miraculous although her plan immediately backfires. Manon (who transformed) to the Puppeteer is so far the youngest akumatized villain and she controlled Lady Wifi, Evillustrator and Rogercop and Cat Noir (I'm not surprised :P). and she nearly controlled Ladybug too but that didn't work out! It's really hard to debate because Volpina and The Puppeteer were both nearly victorious in battle! Therefore in my opinion, Ladybug is the strongest Hero/Villain (not that she is a villain) and Cat Noir as the second at the moment! 😇

      That's...not the point, it's like you're talking about, I don't know, Darkblade and his little sword, but I do see your point. Ladybug is the most powerful hero right now. (Unless Master Fu suddenly grew younger, since he has more experience he'd be a bigger threat to the villains.)

      (The puns, I have to stop with the puns.)

        Loading editor
    • The threads about who's stronger' The Puppeteer or Volpina and I explained my point of view! :P

        Loading editor
    • PelizTheMiraculousPanda wrote:
      The threads about who's stronger' The Puppeteer or Volpina and I explained my point of view! :P

      I know, just added a bit of mine too! But really, Puppeteer for the win.

        Loading editor
    • It's okay! I personally think The Puppeteer is more powerful too! ;D

        Loading editor
    • Yup! If she was a bit older though, she wouldn't be so simple-minded and clear about her goals. 

      'Strategy. It's all about strategy.'

        Loading editor
    • Yup, I agree! ☺

        Loading editor
    • Volpina had very good strategy, though. She knew what she wanted and the most...subtle way to get it. Puppeteer just declared 'I WANT THE MIRACULOUSES' and straightforwardly attacked her. 

        Loading editor
    • And she earned Ladybug's and Cat Noir's trust before she decieved them! :D

        Loading editor
    • Volpina can trick them but Puppeteer can control them.

        Loading editor
    • Lizziending73 wrote:
      PelizTheMiraculousPanda wrote:
      The Puppeteer controlled 4 other villains as well as Cat Noir. However, Volpina nearly managed to get Ladybug to relinquish her miraculous although her plan immediately backfires. Manon (who transformed) to the Puppeteer is so far the youngest akumatized villain and she controlled Lady Wifi, Evillustrator and Rogercop and Cat Noir (I'm not surprised :P). and she nearly controlled Ladybug too but that didn't work out! It's really hard to debate because Volpina and The Puppeteer were both nearly victorious in battle! Therefore in my opinion, Ladybug is the strongest Hero/Villain (not that she is a villain) and Cat Noir as the second at the moment! 😇
      That's...not the point, it's like you're talking about, I don't know, Darkblade and his little sword, but I do see your point. Ladybug is the most powerful hero right now. (Unless Master Fu suddenly grew younger, since he has more experience he'd be a bigger threat to the villains.)

      (The puns, I have to stop with the puns.)

      Like Libra Dohko in saint seiya? 

        Loading editor
    • Volpina was probably the only akumatized villain who actually focussed on doing what Hawk Moth instructed, so she came closest to getting the Miraculous.

      However, I felt that Puppeteer was most powerful simply because of her powers and out of control emotions that made the puppets more dangerous. She might have even controlled Ladybug if Marinette hadn't kept the doll from her.

        Loading editor
    • Allya373 wrote:
      Volpina was probably the only akumatized villain who actually focussed on doing what Hawk Moth instructed, so she came closest to getting the Miraculous.

      However, I felt that Puppeteer was most powerful simply because of her powers and out of control emotions that made the puppets more dangerous. She might have even controlled Ladybug if Marinette hadn't kept the doll from her.

      Aucun temps torride n'était tellement plus proche de la miraculeuse puis de la volpine
      
        Loading editor
    • Puppeteer, obviously.

      Cunning as Volpina was, her powers simply aren't meant for confrontation. At least with the right dolls, Puppeteer can do some real damage when she throws a childish tantrum.

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message

Ad blocker interference detected!


Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers

Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.