|This article is about the creator of Miraculous. You may be looking for the character.|
|“||My dear Miraculers... why are you so awesome?||”|
—Thomas Astruc, Comic to fans
Thomas worked on Code Lyoko, W.I.T.C.H., and Season 2 of The Daltons as a storyboard artist, and on Totally Spies! as the storyboard supervisor. He is also known for his work as a storyboard artist on Wasabi (2001) and Asterix and Obelix Meet Cleopatra (2002). At some point while Miraculous was being made, he was a guest artist for LoliRock on the episode "Batty", storyboarding the second half of the episode and revising the episode's script.
|“|| You really, really should avoid the recent spoilers leak.|
Spoilers set your mind on certain expectations. Then you will analyze the episodes through this mindset instead of enjoying it without preconceived ideas. Spoilers build hype, but damage the experience.
—Thomas on Twitter about recent TF1 press conference
|“||Dear Miraculers, if your question can be answered by "no spoiler", then it's certainly the answer ^^||”|
—Thomas on Twitter
|“||Miraculous is one of the cutest, purest and most positive shows ever made. And you are the nicest and most creative fan community ever!||”|
—Thomas in a letter to fans
|“||In MLB, villains have defined powers. So when heroes understand the rule, a weak point appears. Heroes always should outsmart the villains. If villain can be beaten by strength, it means hero is stronger. If hero is the strongest, it means villain wasn't a real threat.||”|
—Thomas on Twitter about villains
- Thomas was named after the character Major Tom from the David Bowie song "Space Oddity."
- Thomas is known to be very jokey and tongue-in-cheek with fans on Twitter, something he attributes to "French sarcasm".
- He likes croissants.
- He has a yellow, fluffy, long-haired cat named "Chachat" (pronounced "Sha-sha").
- Fans call him variations of Hawk Moth's name, such as, "Papapillon," "Hawkfather," and "Hawkdaddy."
- In response, he named the fans of the television show "The Miraculers."
- He has a huge collection of fanart.
- His Twitter name is NoSpoiler-Man. This was made in response to people constantly asking him about Season 2 and his penchant to answer questions with "No spoiler" or a picture saying the same thing.
- He makes a cameo in the French version of "Gamer" as the voice of the start menu of Ultimate Mecha Strike III. This is his only cameo in season 1.
- Thomas has stated that he loves all of the characters equally but has a preference for Jagged Stone and a dislike for Chloé Bourgeois.
- His favorite episodes to direct as of season 1 are the episodes Ladybug & Cat Noir (Origins - Part 1) and Stoneheart (Origins - Part 2).
- His favorite Studio Ghibli film is Omoide Poroporo.
- His favorite DreamWorks movie is How to Train Your Dragon.
- His favorite Disney movie is Tangled.
- During the final game of the UEFA Euro 2016, Thomas promised to reveal a spoiler about the upcoming season should France beat Portugal.
- The #ColorsForSpoilers hashtag was used to promote the event, where fans would place fanart of the characters supporting the French soccer team. Some also changed their Twitter pictures as well.
- During the game, he tweeted that he would reveal one spoiler for each goal scored by France.
- Though France lost the game without scoring points, Thomas did choose to release a teaser for Season 2 as a thank you for all the support given to the French Football team.
- Just before San Diego Comic-Con International 2016, Jeremy Zag posted a video to Instagram of Thomas dressed as Marinette.
- One of Thomas' dreams came true: at San Diego Comic-Con International 2016, Thomas met Marvel comic creator and legend Stan Lee.
- As a reference for a ballroom scene in "Despair Bear", Thomas has slow danced with Wilfried Pain.
- As of January, Thomas is expecting a baby.
Click here to view the gallery.
- Thomas' Facebook
- Thomas' IMDb
- Thomas' Linkedin
Thomas' current Tumblr
- Thomas left Tumblr on March 30, 2016. He will only use Twitter and his personal Facebook to announce Miraculous Ladybug information. This will make it easier for him to answer questions and for Miraculers to find information. This will also prevent new Miraculers from stumbling onto fake accounts believing the user is Thomas.
- Thomas' previous Tumblr
- Thomas' Twitter
- Thomas' YouTube
- Thomas' new Instagram