|Major Spoiler Warning|
This page contains major spoilers that have not yet appeared in any episodes anywhere worldwide.
"The Chinese Legend" is an upcoming 40-minute special episode of Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir. According to Jeremy Zag, a new hero will join Ladybug and Cat Noir in this episode. As revealed at an event with the writers of the series, it might be cancelled, though it is possible if a fourth season happens. On October 7, 2017, a crew member of the show mentioned that the special had been moved from Season 2 to one of the following seasons.
- Marinette Dupain-Cheng/Ladybug
- Adrien Agreste/Cat Noir
- Wang Fu
- Unknown superhero
- Marinette's maternal grandmother
- The episode was known as "Ladybug in Shanghai" when Jeremy Zag first announced the special. Its current name, "The Chinese Legend", was revealed at the Miraculous Ladybug panel at SDCC 2016.
- This is the only known episode to show locations outside of Paris.
- During a Miraculous Ladybug Panel at Anime Expo 2016, it was revealed that one of the upcoming specials would be in 2D rather than the usual CGI style. This was later revealed to be "The Chinese Legend", since, if greenlit, the special would be too expensive to make in 3D.
- It is currently unknown if this is still the case, as months later, the official Miraculous Ladybug Tumblr blog responded to a question that all of the specials would be CGI, which would include this special.
- Revealed by Jeremy Zag, Marinette will meet her maternal grandmother this episode.