|“||Those two are made for each other.||”|
—Master Fu, "Stoneheart"
The episode begins directly following the previous episode with innocent victims turning into immobile Stonehearts all over Paris. Marinette seemingly asks her parents for advice who reply that Ladybug will return and save the city. When Marinette questions this, her parents only reassure her. She runs up to her room, and, on her way out, takes her earrings.
At the Agreste mansion, Nathalie discovers that Adrien has left, much to the anger of his father. Adrien is then seen running as fast as he can trying to reach the school before Nathalie and the Gorilla catch up with him.
Marinette, meanwhile, arrives at school. Alya informs her of the Ladyblog and reassures Marinette that Ladybug will save the city once more. Marinette encounters Chloé mocking Ivan, saying he is a monster and making fun of his crush on Mylène. In his lair, Hawk Moth identifies Ivan's anger and prepares to release another akuma. Adrien reaches the school, just as Nathalie exits the car and tells him not to go through with it, but Adrien ignores her and goes in anyway.
Alya confronts Chloé for her attitude to towards Ivan, but Chloé retorts, causing Alya to storm away. Adrien, who has just entered the school, greets Chloé, who runs towards him as everyone else recognizes who he is.
Marinette follows Ivan and tells him to tell Mylène how he feels and to think positively. He agrees to this, and Marinette tells him how he can win over Mylène, suggesting he write a song. Ivan agrees and runs off after thanking Marinette. Hawk Moth angrily notices Ivan's negative emotions have faded.
Adrien is being led around the school by Chloé as he signs autographs before she leads him into his class and directs him to a seat at the front, in front of her. He sits himself next to Nino, who ignores him as he's friends with Chloé. Adrien is surprised by this. He then spots Chloé sticking a piece of gum on a seat. He questions her and he goes to remove the gum himself. Marinette is walking to her class with Alya and slips her Miraculous into Alya's bag. They enter the class and see Adrien hunched over her seat, supposedly sticking gum on it. Marinette angrily confronts him as he tries to defend himself to no use. Marinette places a napkin over the gum and angrily sits down. Alya and Marinette soon identify that Adrien is a famous model and the son of Marinette's favorite fashion designer, Gabriel Agreste. They shake their heads in distaste. Nino, however, recognizes that Adrien is nice and agrees to be his new friend.
Mylène is running out of the bathroom, worried she'll be late for class, before she sees Ivan. Ivan then tells her he wrote her a song and sings it obnoxiously, which Mylène runs away from. Ivan feels angry once more and becomes re-akumatized. With his re-akumatization, all the immobilized Stonehearts come to life and begin to terrorize Paris.
In class, Miss Bustier is doing the attendance before Stoneheart angrily enters upon the call of his name. He kidnaps Mylène and Chloé and runs out of the classroom, being pursued by Alya, who wants footage for her blog. Alya also leaves her bag behind with Marinette, so Marinette takes it and follows her. Adrien rushes to his locker to transform into Cat Noir.
Chloé continues to complain as she is carried off by Stoneheart before Cat Noir swings in and hits Stoneheart, causing him to only grow bigger. At Chloé's request for the cavalry, Stoneheart also brings in all of his minions. Cat Noir barely escapes them as the original Stoneheart runs off with Myène and Chloé. Alya runs straight into the commotion in effort to capture footage of Ladybug saving the day, but she gets crushed by a car against a building. Marinette faces turmoil before putting the earrings on, telling Tikki she has decided to continue as Ladybug before completing her transformation. Once she has become Ladybug, she lifts the car, freeing Alya.
Ladybug pursues Stoneheart on his way to Eiffel Tower. Once she reaches it, she calls to Cat Noir to aid her. Atop the Eiffel Tower, Stoneheart decides to throw Chloé to get rid of her. As Chloé gets closer to the ground, Ladybug catches her, saving her life.
As the police prepare to fire, Ladybug argues with Roger Raincomprix, who tells her to leave the work for the professionals. Ladybug begins to doubt herself, but it isn't long for Cat Noir reassures her. Suddenly, Stoneheart roars in agony and falls down, and Hawk Moth's face made out of akumas appears. He tells all of Paris his name and then demands Ladybug and Cat Noir give up their Miraculouses. Ladybug retorts and asserts that Hawk Moth can't just reverse the roles of the heroes and the villain. She uses her yo-yo to defeat the head of Hawk Moth, and she stands up for herself and all of Paris before purifying Hawk Moth's akumas. Cat Noir smiles, realizing he is in love with whoever Ladybug is.
The two heroes return to focusing on Stoneheart. Back in his lair, Hawk Moth convinces Stoneheart to attack Ladybug and Cat Noir. Stoneheart complies and summons his entire army to surround them. In a pinch, Ladybug comes up with a plan to bring Stoneheart and Mylène closer together. Ladybug makes her way to the top of Eiffel Tower and comforts a scared Mylène. She summons her Lucky Charm, a parachute. Ladybug uses her yo-yo to bring Mylène and Stoneheart to together so that they kiss, causing the surprised Stoneheart to release both Mylène and his crumpled up song, the akumatized object. Both begin falling, and Ladybug goes after the akumzatized object, purifying it. She utilizes to parachute to rescue Mylène, telling Cat Noir to take care of Ivan. Cat Noir uses his Cataclysm to create a platform and save Ivan. Ladybug swings back up and purifies the akuma. After rescuing both, Ladybug tells Mylène to read the lyrics to Ivan's song, and after she does, Mylène thanks him before hugging him, causing him to blush.
The next day at school, Marinette stands up the Chloé and tells her to take her attitude elsewhere, which makes the class laugh. When Adrien arrives, Marinette ignores him before Nino tells him to be honest with her. Later at the end of the day, he finds Marinette standing without an umbrella in the rain. He explains to her that Chloé put the gum on her seat and he was attempting to remove it. He hands her his umbrella, and Marinette smiles. The umbrella closes over Marinette's head, which causes Adrien to laugh and resulting in Marinette laughing as well.
After they part ways, Marinette finds herself stuttering when trying to say goodbye, and Adrien is overjoyed to have made a new friend. In the distance, Master Fu and Wayzz are glad the Miraculouses are in the right hands.
- Marinette Cheng/Ladybug
- Adrien Agreste/Cat Noir
- Hawk Moth
- Ivan Bruel/Stoneheart
- Mylène Haprèle
- Chloé Bourgeois
- Alya Césaire
- Sabine Cheng
- Tom Dupain
- Gabriel Agreste
- Mrs. Agreste (pictured)
- Nino Lahiffe
- Sabrina Raincomprix
- Nathaniel Kurtzberg (background)
- Max Kanté
- Lê Chiến Kim
- Rose Lavillant (background)
- Juleka Couffaine (background)
- Alix Kubdel (background)
- Nathalie Sancoeur
- Adrien's bodyguard
- Caline Bustier
- Nadja Chamack
- André Bourgeois
- Roger Raincomprix
- Jean Duparc (background)
- Master Fu
- This episode was the twenty-second to air on TéléQuébec and the second of the second season to air in Korea.
- The title for the French version is "Cœur de Pierre (Origines - Partie 2)" and the title for the Korean version is "Rise! Ladybug 2".
- This is the second part of the two-part episode about Ladybug and Cat Noir's origins.
- This is one of Thomas Astruc's favorite episodes to direct.
- Rather than being the season finale, Thomas considers this episode, as well as its first part, to be "a special 2-parter to be watched after the series."
- Cat Noir breaks the fourth wall by looking towards the audience and saying probably their fights with villains are probably going to like this from here on out.
- The song Ivan put as a background for his love song to Mylène is the same as the one Jagged Stone plays in "Guitar Villain" after he feeds his tablet to Fang.
- Hawk Moth not only makes himself known to Ladybug and Cat Noir, but to all of Paris as well.
- It is revealed that Marinette is already aware that Hawk Moth's power stems from a Miraculous.
- A storyboard of this episode was made by Etienne Guignard. Here he published the storyboard of the last scene with an alternative endcard.
- The umbrella scene is Cristina Vee's favorite scene, as of Season 1.
- Marinette has a picture of Adrien in her room, even though she has not met him as Adrien before this episode.
- When Stoneheart takes Mylène and Chloé hostage, he grabs Mylène with his right hand and Chloé with his left, but when he throws the latter from the Eiffel Tower, his grip on the girls is reversed as he throws Chloé with his right hand while holding Mylène with his left. Mylène is still in his left hand when he starts to climb the tower, but in his next shot, Mylène is back in his right hand.
- Even though Ladybug saves Chloé from Stoneheart, Alya and Adrien believe that they are the same person in "Lady Wifi".
- Before Ladybug lands at the top of the Eiffel Tower, Stoneheart is seen climbing it, but after she lands, he is several meters higher up.
Click here to view the gallery.