|“||Agh! That's the problem with superheroes. They're too... heroic!||”|
The Quantic Universe is the universe where the characters of Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir live.
According to Thomas Astruc, "[The Quantic Universe] is the extended universe in which live Ladybug and Cat Noir. Ladybug is to Quantic Universe what Spider-Man is to the Marvel-verse, or Batman to the DC-verse. Quantic Universe is filled of super-heroes in all countries, alien races, magic... Ladybug is just a tiny part of it. Hopefully, if the series is successful, we'll be able to explore it." He also explained in an interview that while Ladybug, Cat Noir, and their relationship is the main focus of the series, the crew wants to keep expanding the universe, adding new characters and looking deeper into all of the Miraculouses stored in the jewelry box.
At first, Miraculous wielders were the only known type of superheroes. However, Thomas confirmed others with abilities unrelated to Miraculouses are in existence. This was first confirmed in-universe in the second issue or Miraculous Adventures, where multiple superheroes unrelated to Miraculouses appear, including Majestia, Doorman, and Knightowl. The next issue introduces more non-Miraculous superheroes and reveals that there are various superheroes and super-powered threats around the world.
At the beginning of the universe, the first kwami, Tikki, came into existence. After her, other kwamis were formed throughout the early days of the universe whenever new ideas or emotions were born, such as beauty and love. They weren't able to be detected by humanity until a mage created the Miraculouses. Because of the Miraculouses, not only could kwamis interact with humans, but they could transform them into super-powered beings.
In the present day, many superheroes exist around the world. Majestia and Knightowl were well-known and popular, even having comic books based on them. An American superhero, Victory, was able to become the U.S. President, although she had to reveal her secret identity. Superheroes in America faced alien invasions and vicious supervillains. Often, superheroes around the world would join together in battling huge threats.
Meanwhile, in recent years there wasn't any kind of superhero in France. However, a man found the Moth Miraculous and became Hawk Moth. With his superpower, he created other supervillains in order to bring out the Ladybug Miraculous and Cat Miraculous, take them away from their holders, and use them together to wish for a secret desire. Living in Paris at the time, Fu planned to fight back and stop Hawk Moth to make his wish to the its horrible consequences. After realizing he couldn't do it alone, Fu gave the Ladybug and and Cat Miraculouses respectively to Parisian teenagers Marinette Dupain-Cheng and Adrien Agreste.
When the Trash Krakken caused major problems in New York City, a group of superheroes summoned Ladybug and Cat Noir to help them defeat it. All the superheroes succeeded on their mission, with the parisian duo also finding a mysterious black substance that had transformed a New York civilian into the Trash Krakken.
|Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir Theme Song:||Appears|
|1. "The Bubbler":||Appears||14. "Princess Fragrance":||Appears|
|2. "Mr. Pigeon":||Appears||15. "Ladybug & Cat Noir (Origins - Part 1)":||Appears|
|3. "Stormy Weather":||Appears||16. "Stoneheart (Origins - Part 2)":||Appears|
|4. "Timebreaker":||Appears||17. "Animan":||Appears|
|5. "Copycat":||Appears||18. "Simon Says":||Appears|
|6. "The Pharaoh":||Appears||19. "Pixelator":||Appears|
|7. "Lady Wifi":||Appears||20. "Guitar Villain":||Appears|
|8. "The Evillustrator":||Appears||21. "Kung Food":||Appears|
|9. "Rogercop":||Appears||22. "Gamer":||Appears|
|10. "Dark Cupid":||Appears||23. "Reflekta":||Appears|
|11. "Horrificator":||Appears||24. "The Puppeteer":||Appears|
|12. "Darkblade":||Appears||25. "Antibug":||Appears|
|13. "The Mime":||Appears||26. "Volpina":||Appears|
|Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir Theme Song:||Appears|
|1. "The Collector":||Appears||?. "Malediktor":||Unknown|
|?. "Despair Bear":||Appears||?. "Troublemaker":||Unknown|
|?. "Prime Queen":||Appears||?. "Frozer":||Unknown|
|?. "Befana":||Appears||?. "Rossignoble":||Unknown|
|?. "Riposte":||Appears||?. "Gagotor":||Unknown|
|?. "Robustus":||Appears||?. "Captain Hardrock":||Unknown|
|?. "Gigantitan":||Appears||?. "TBA":||Unknown|
|?. "Dark Owl":||Appears||?. "TBA":||Unknown|
|?. "Glaciator":||Appears||?. "TBA":||Unknown|
|?. "Sapotis":||Appears||?. "TBA":||Unknown|
|?. "Gorizilla":||Unknown||?. "TBA":||Unknown|
|?. "Style Queen":||Unknown||?. "TBA":||Unknown|
|?. "Queen Wasp":||Unknown||?. "TBA":||Unknown|
|"A Christmas Special":||Appears||"The Chinese Legend":||Unknown|
|"Ladybug in Halloween":||Unknown|
|"Marinette in Paris":||Appears||"Marinette and Fashion":||Appears|
|"Ladybug as seen by Adrien":||Absent||"Ladyblog":||Appears|
|"Adrien's Double Life":||Appears||"Marinette and Alya":||Appears|
|"Marinette's Double Life":||Appears||"Cat Noir as seen by Marinette":||Absent|
|"My Birthday Party":||Absent||"Marinette and Adrien":||Appears|
|Tales from Paris|
|1. "The Notebook":||Appears||4. "Busy Day":||Appears|
|2. "Inspiration":||Appears||5. "Homework Essay":||Appears|
Books and comics
|"Issue 1":||Appears||"Issue 5":||Will Appear|
|"Issue 2":||Appears||"Issue 6":||Unknown|
|"Issue 3":||Appears||"Issue 7":||Unknown|
|"Issue 4":||Appears||"Issue 8":||Unknown|
- France is the only country seen within the universe so far in the TV series, but other countries have been mentioned or referenced, including Egypt, China, Greece, Japan, and Italy.
- At San Diego Comic-Con International 2016, it was revealed that the universe would be expanded as a comic book universe, which would feature other Miraculous holders and other types of heroes in the world.
- In the second issue of Miraculous Adventures, Ladybug and Cat Noir journey to New York and team up with other superheroes to stop the Trash Krakken.
- Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug is about Ladybug visiting Shanghai and meeting Chinese superheroes.
- Miraculous: Tales of Cat Noir focuses on Cat Noir visiting America and meeting new ZAG Heroez, suggesting that Miraculous exists in the same universe as them.
- Tales of Miraculous features stories of previous Miraculous holders from places like ancient Egypt, China, Japan, and the Middle Ages.
- It is possible that Melodie, Kid Mime, Gavroche and Mercury from Quantic Kids, a superhero team that Ladybug and Cat Noir were a part of in an unused concept, still exist in this world.
- Sparrow, another member of the unused team, is confirmed to exist in the universe as a superhero in the United States of America in Miraculous Adventures.
- Previously, according to Astruc, it was also possible that Félix Agreste, the first version of Cat Noir before Adrien, still existed in some way there. However, Astruc later stated that Félix will never appear.
- Majestia Issue #56, a comic appearing in "Ladybug & Cat Noir (Origins - Part 1)", is published by the company Quantic Comics, which is a reference to the Quantic Universe.
- Real people from history, such as Jeanne d'Arc and Tomoe Gozen, and mythological figures, such as Herakles and Cernunnos, exist in this universe as Miraculous holders. Whether their histories and legends are the same or they have been modified has yet to be seen.
- If he isn't able to explore the Miraculous universe, Thomas has another universe he's creating.