|Major Spoiler Warning|
This page contains major spoilers from an episode(s) that has not aired in the US yet.
Nora Césaire is Alya's older sister who made her debut in the episode, "Anansi". She is akumatized by Hawk Moth into Anansi, a spider-themed supervillain, when Alya refuses to listen to her overprotective advice.
Nora is brown-skinned and muscular with golden brown hair. Her hair is tied into a ponytail. Nora's left eyebrow has what appears to be a scar going through it.
Nora wears a yellow cropped tank top with white edges with a black spider design on the front. White bandages wrap around her hands and wrists, and she wears black elbows pads. She also wears yellow shorts, which have a white upper band with the word "Anansi" written black capital letters on the front and two horizontal black lines wrapping around the rest, two black downward-bent lines on each side of the shorts, and white edges of the shorts' legs. Beneath her shorts are black short leggings.
One preliminary sketch of Nora showed her wearing orange shorts, white sneakers with blue socks and what appear to be shin guards, and a small blue shirt with a small spider drawn on the left side. Another preliminary sketch showed the spider design covering her whole shirt, which suggests that she may have an alternate form as a hero or villain. In one sketch, her name was shown printed on her belt as "Anansi" and in another sketch as "Nancy". One sketch showed no spider design and featured stars on her shorts.
Anansi has dark skin and yellow hair braided into a spiky ponytail. She has six eyes and they are white and are outlined in black. Her costume is black with yellow stripes. A yellow unidentified pattern is on her chest. She has six arms in the above photo.
Nora is strong and caring but also somewhat overprotective, especially when it comes to her family, believing only strength is needed to carry you through. She is also very confident in her fighting abilities and has little regards for superheroes, doubting they'll always be around to save everyone when there's danger.
As Anansi, she is overconfident in her fighting abilities, believing it will always end in one punch and underestimates her oppenents, whether it's civilians or superheroes. When angered, she is easily distracted and can lose her cool.
Nora cares deeply about her younger sister, but sometimes that care leads her to be overly protective. She displays a great amount of concern for Alya's safety since she has been in direct danger from past akumatized villains and even tries to forbid her from going to the ferris wheel with her friends out of fear that an akumatized villain might attack her.
As Anansi, she does everything in her power to try and show Alya how dangerous Paris can be.
Nora does not believe that Nino is capable of protecting Alya from danger.
As Anansi, she has every ability of a spider that includes webbing and wall climbing. Because she is spider-themed, she has 6 arms and 2 legs. She also has immense strength.
= Gender Unknown
- It is currently uncertain which twin is Ella and which twin is Etta. The images associated with each twin's name are guesses not to be taken as fact.
- The age of Nora, the eldest daughter, is unknown.
- All of the Césaires' first names are based on famous jazz singers.
|Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir Theme Song:||Absent|
|1. "A Christmas Special":||Absent||?. "Zombizou":||Absent|
|2. "The Collector":||Absent||?. "Syren":||Absent|
|3. "Prime Queen":||Absent||?. "Frightningale":||Absent|
|4. "Despair Bear":||Absent||?. "Troublemaker":||Absent|
|5. "Riposte":||Absent||?. "Reverser":||Absent|
|6. "Befana":||Absent||?. "Anansi":||Appears|
|7. "Robostus":||Absent||?. "Sandboy":||Unknown|
|8. "The Dark Owl":||Absent||?. "Frozer":||Unknown|
|9. "Gigantitan":||Absent||?. "Style Queen":||Unknown|
|10. "Glaciator":||Absent||?. "Queen Wasp":||Unknown|
|11. "Sapotis":||Absent||?. "Malediktator":||Unknown|
|12. "Gorizilla":||Absent||?. "Catalyst":||Unknown|
|13. "Captain Hardrock":||Absent||?. "Mayura":||Unknown|
- Nora's akumatization form, "Anansi", comes from the African folktale character of the same name.
- In African folktales, Anansi often takes the shape of a spider and is considered to be the spirit of all knowledge of stories.
- Her character was officially introduced after Thomas designed her character and posted preliminary sketches of her on his Twitter on August 13, 2016.
- Nora's existence was first teased in an earlier tweet by Thomas Astruc, where he asked the question, "Afraid of spiders?", which was possibly a reference to Nora's akumatization form which is spider based.
- Nora had been shown to have a spider-based costume.
- On a computer screen in a photo of production by Jeremy Zag on his Instagram, there is an unfinished reference model of Nora's civilian form.
- Thomas considers Nora his "favorite girl" as well as "Buff and Beautiful".
Click here to view the gallery.