|This article is about the people who wield Miraculouses. You may be looking for another Miraculous.|
|“||Many centuries ago, magic jewels bestowing extraordinary powers were created. These were... the Miraculous. Throughout history, heroes have used these jewels for the good of the human race.||”|
In order for a Miraculous holder to transform, they need to be wearing the Miraculous and have the kwami connected to the Miraculous to be absorbed. Through transformation, they change into an animal-themed superhero. In these forms, the Miraculous holder gains enhanced physical abilities, a tool (like Ladybug's yo-yo), and a superpower (like Cat Noir's Cataclysm).
While they are almost invulnerable, they must be wise about how they use their superpower. Because after it is used, the kwami loses the energy needed to keep the transformation, and in about five minutes the Miraculous holder reverts back to normal as the kwami emerges from the Miraculous. If they want to transform back, they need to help their kwami regain energy back by feeding them.
Miraculous holders can use more than one Miraculous at the same time, which is why Hawk Moth desires both the Ladybug Miraculous and Cat Miraculous. Other than gaining more power, the result of doing this is unknown, like if the holder keeps one animal-themed form while still having access to the other power(s).
- When in Aqua Mode the holder has the ability to swim and breath underwater.
List of Miraculous holders
- Ancient Chinese Ladybug Miraculous holder (previously)
- Ancient Egyptian Ladybug (around 5,000 years ago)
- Hippolyta (previously)
- Mudekudeku (previously)
- Tentomushi (around 400 to 600 years ago)
- Jeanne d'Arc (about 600 years ago)
- Micazoyolin (around 500 to 700 years ago)
- La Mariquita (around 200 to 500 years ago)
- La Coccinelle (around 200 to 400 years ago)
- Bọ rùa (previously)
- Marinette Dupain-Cheng (currently)
- Wang Fu (currently)
- Carapace (later)
- Ancient Chinese Fox Miraculous holder (previously)
- Pied Piper of Hamelin (around 730 years ago)
- Currently being kept by Wang Fu
- Alya Césaire (temporarily)
- Ancient Chinese Bee Miraculous holder (previously)
- Being kept by Wang Fu
- Queen Bee (later)
- Mayura (later)
- Unknown Miraculous holder (later)
- The physical appearance of the Miraculous holders from their transformations seems to vary between the individual, the time, and the place.
- And according to Plagg in "Frightningale", it is influenced by the holders' tastes and desires.
- The poses made by Miraculous holders when they transform are purely symbolic.
- The transformation sequences are about sixteen seconds.
- Each Miraculous holder is able to choose their own name/superhero identity.
- While transformed, holders cannot experience pain and have some level of invulnerability to physical damage, although the extent of this invulnerability is unclear.
- However, if holders get hurt before they transform, they will still be hurt afterwards, like when Adrien hurts his ankle and retains the injury after becoming Cat Noir in "Riposte".
- Some elements of the costumes of transformed Miraculous holders (such as Ladybug's and Cat Noir's masks) cannot be removed.
- However, on some superheroes, there are elements, like Cat Noir's tail, that can be detached.
- Wielders can voluntarily detransform, even if the time limit has not been activated.
- Although there are cases where Miraculouses end up with holders that Wang Fu wasn't involved with, such as Hawk Moth, Wang mentions in "Ladybug & Cat Noir (Origins - Part 1)" that he has personally made one mistake in a choice for a Miraculous holder whose identity is currently a mystery.
- Miraculous holders can continue owning their Miraculouses to any age as long as they're using them and their bodies are capable.
- There are upcoming special episodes that will explore past Miraculous holders, as confirmed by Jeremy Zag at a panel at the 2016 Los Angeles Comic Con.
- The official Miraculous Ladybug Tumblr blog responded to a question that past Cat Miraculous holders will be heard about in the future, along with more history of Miraculouses and presumably some of their holders in the series, comic books, and webisodes.
- Thomas Astruc explained that the crew plans to keep expanding the universe by adding new characters and revealing more about all of the Miraculouses in the jewelry box, though Ladybug and Cat Noir will always be the main focus.