|This article is about the people who wield Miraculouses. You may be looking for another Miraculous.|
|“||Many centuries ago, magic jewels bestowing extraordinary powers were created. These were... the Miraculous. Throughout history, heroes have used these jewels for the good of the human race.||”|
In order for a Miraculous holder to transform, they need to be wearing the Miraculous and the kwami connected to the Miraculous needs to be absorbed. Through transformation, they change into an animal-themed superhero, like a ladybug or a black cat. In these forms, the Miraculous holder gains enhanced physical abilities, a tool (like Ladybug's yo-yo), and a superpower (like Lucky Charm).
While they are almost invulnerable, they have to be wise about how they use their superpower. After it is used, the kwami loses the energy needed to keep the transformation, and in about five minutes, the Miraculous holder reverts back to normal while the kwami emerges from the Miraculous. If they want to transform back, they need to help their kwami get their energy back by feeding them.
Miraculous holders can use more than one Miraculous at the same time, which is why Hawk Moth desires both the Ladybug Miraculous and Cat Miraculous. Other than gaining more power, the result of doing this is unknown, like if the holder keeps one animal-themed form while still having access to the other power(s).
List of Miraculous holders
- Ancient Chinese Ladybug Miraculous holder (previously)
- Ancient Egyptian Ladybug (around 5,000 years ago)
- Hippolyta (previously)
- Mudekudeku (previously)
- Tentomushi (around 400 to 600 years ago)
- Jeanne d'Arc (about 600 years ago)
- Micazoyolin (around 500 to 700 years ago)
- La Coccinelle (around 200 to 400 years ago)
- Bọ rùa (previously)
- Marinette Dupain-Cheng (currently)
- Ancient Chinese Cat Miraculous holder (previously)
- Mexica Cat Miraculous holder (previously)
- Adrien Agreste (currently)
- Master Fu (currently)
- Carapace (later)
- Ancient Chinese Fox Miraculous holder (previously)
- Being kept by Master Fu
- Rena Rouge (later)
- Ancient Chinese Bee Miraculous holder (previously)
- Being kept by Master Fu
- Queen Bee (later)
- Le Paon (later)
- Unknown Miraculous holder (later)
- The physical appearance of the Miraculous holders from their transformations seems to vary between the individual, the time, and the place.
- The poses made by Miraculous holders when they transform are purely symbolic.
- The transformation sequences are about sixteen seconds.
- Each Miraculous holder is able to choose their own name/superhero identity.
- While transformed, holders cannot experience pain and have some level of invulnerability to physical damage, although the extent of this invulnerability is unclear.
- However, if holders get hurt before they transform, they will still be hurt afterwards, like when Adrien hurts his ankle and retains the injury after becoming Cat Noir in "Riposte".
- Some elements of the costumes of transformed Miraculous holders (such as Ladybug's and Cat Noir's masks) cannot be removed.
- However, on some superheros, there are elements, like Cat Noir's tail, that can be detached.
- Wielders can voluntarily detransform, even if the time limit has not been activated.
- Although there are cases where Miraculouses end up with holders that Master Fu wasn't involved with, such as Hawk Moth, Master Fu mentions in "Ladybug & Cat Noir (Origins - Part 1)" that he has personally made one mistake in a choice for a Miraculous holder whose identity is currently a mystery.
- There are upcoming special episodes that will explore past Miraculous holders, as confirmed by Jeremy Zag at a panel at the 2016 Los Angeles Comic Con.
- The official Miraculous Ladybug Tumblr blog responded to a question that past Cat Miraculous holders will be heard about in the future, along with more history of Miraculouses and presumably some of their holders in the series, comic books, and webisodes.
- Thomas Astruc explained that the crew plans to keep expanding the universe by adding new characters and revealing more about all of the Miraculouses in the jewelry box, though Ladybug and Cat Noir will always be the main focus.