|Major Spoiler Warning|
This page contains major spoilers from an episode(s) that has not aired in the US yet.
|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for the character.|
Click here to see spoilers for an unaired episode plot.
A bus driver speeds uncontrollably throughout the roads of Paris, and is unable to brake. Until Ladybug and Cat Noir show up, and begin to work together to stop the bus. Cat Noir throws his baton to Ladybug and she catches it as she lets herself fall under the bus. She wraps her Yo-yo string around the baton securing the bus to it and tosses the staff back to Cat Noir. He extends it and lets it sit behind two lampposts, effectively stopping the bus just before it hits August, his mother, and another civilian. As Ladybug and Cat Noir are helping the civilians exit the bus, he suggests to Ladybug that they have a superhero dinner “under the stars”. She smiles and tells him that she would love to, but she already has plans with her friends, and most likely wouldn’t make it.
Over at the Dupain-Cheng residence, after finishing dinner, Marinette’s father produces Marinette’s favorite cake decorated with lots of fruit. Marinette thanks him, but politely declines, reminding them of her plans to go out for ice cream with her friends. Her parents romanticize André’s ice cream, and even share the story of how Tom put the ring into their vanilla ice cream to propose to Sabine. According to the story, whoever shares André’s ice cream will fall in love. Marinette leaves, blushing after her parents ask her who she is planning on sharing with.
At the Agreste mansion, Adrien is sitting alone in his dining room, waiting for his father to eat dinner with him. He texts Nino just before Nathalie comes in and informs him that his father will be having dinner alone in his office tonight. Adrien leaves, grumbling about how his dad makes him wait and never bothers to show up. Nathalie reminds him to practice his piano. Up in his room, Adrien puts on his piano soundtrack to give the impression he is practicing and escapes out the window.
Marinette meets up with Alya, Nino, Mylène, and Ivan at the Trocadéro as planned. She is disappointed to find out that Adrien’s father has forbidden him from going out that evening. Nino gets a notification that André, who has to be hunted down before you can buy from him, is on a bridge in Paris.
Meanwhile, Cat Noir is setting up a lovely romantic scene not far from Marinette’s house, complete with dozens of candles and red rose petals. Once complete, he sits down to wait for Ladybug, still hoping she will come despite her saying she probably wouldn’t make it earlier.
On the bridge at the Pont des Arts, André creates specially crafted ice creams for all the young couples. Mylène and Ivan share a chocolate-pralines-nougat ice cream, and Alya and Nino share a lemon-banana-passion fruit ice cream. Tikki encourages Marinette to get some, saying she could share it with her, but Marinette is still bummed by Adrien not being able to come. André attempts to cheer her up by crafting her an ice cream of her own, “red like his lips, green like his eyes.” He promises her that if she eats it, her lover will come. Marinette is distracted by a boy with the same shirt as Adrien, and her ice cream gets knocked out of her hand as his friend rushes toward him. André is devastated, claiming that the ice cream has to be eaten for the magic to work. He quickly makes another one, but Marinette declines it out of sadness, even saying his ice cream isn’t magical, that it’s just normal ice cream, and runs home.
André is left disappointed, and falls to the floor, crying about his ice cream never failing before. Hawk Moth appears and sends an akuma to André. André transforms into Glaciator, and he begins to freeze people into ice cream but leaves couples alone.
At home, Marinette is disappointed in herself for being rude to André, and for ruining her friends’ evening. Tikki comforts her, telling her everyone makes mistakes and that she’ll be able to eat ice cream with Adrien another time. She sighs at Tikki, and climbs out onto her balcony. Tikki comes up after her for a moment, but seeing her there and most likely sensing Cat Noir nearby, comes back down. The next building over, Cat Noir has given up waiting for Ladybug. He sadly blows out his candles, one by one, asking if Ladybug loves him in a Daisy Oracle style, leaving only one lit, the one that symbolizes “She loves me not”. As he looks up, he sees Marinette on her balcony.
Cat Noir jumps behind her and greets her, apologizing for startling her. She asks him if he has “superhero-y stuff” to do, and he explains that he doesn’t feel like “being a superhero tonight”, and asks if he can stay with her for a while. Marinette accepts, and they fall into a comfortable conversation. Cat Noir tells Marinette how he prepared a dinner for Ladybug only to have her not show up. Marinette tries to justify for Ladybug, saying maybe she was busy. He says he wanted to make something special for her, and Marinette realizes that Cat Noir is really in love with Ladybug. After discovering that she also has a broken heart, he ends up taking her to the place he prepared for her, lighting all the candles for her and showing a sensitive side she is unfamiliar with. She says it’s beautiful, and that she’s sorry Ladybug didn’t come.
He says it's not her fault, and she restates herself by saying she's sorry for Cat Noir because he took the time to prepare all of it for his partner, but she didn't show. Just as Marinette tries to cheer Cat Noir up, Glaciator surfaces, firing ice cream at her, but he blocks it with his baton. As they hide he asks if another villain has fallen in love with her, but she says no and that it's André, Cat Noir states that Glaciator doesn't look like the type to warm hearts, but Marinette explains by simply saying, "It's a long story." Meanwhile, as Glaciator fires his ice cream all over the streets, Cat Noir carries her back home and drops her off on her balcony. He says he wants to keep her safe and that he'll lead the villain away, but before he leaves, Marinette grabs him by his tail, thanking him for cheering her up. He tells her it's the least he could do and leaps off. Marinette and Tikki comment on Cat Noir being so thoughtful before she transforms. Cat Noir confronts Glaciator but gets sent flying along with a truck until he is caught by Ladybug's yo-yo string. He accusingly asks her how her "other plans" went, but she doesn't answer, startled by his harsh reply. As the fighting continues, they see that all the ice cream is coming from his hands and deduce that the ice cream scoop is the akumatized object. Taking cover behind a building, Ladybug sees that Glaciator won't attack couples, and tells her partner this, to which he replies, "Too bad for us." She says that he doesn't understand, and that they could pretend to be one. However, Cat Noir bitterly states that he doesn't like to play with feelings, and goes to attack the villain but fails. Ladybug defends him, and realizes that he is still upset that she didn't come for their date. Behind a flipped car, she apologizes to Cat Noir as she didn't want to hurt him. Forgiving her, he suggests having it again another time. Giving her idea a try, the duo walks towards the villain, Ladybug holding Cat Noir's arm and kissing him on the cheek, telling him it's a part of the plan. Seeing them defenseless, Hawk Moth orders Glaciator to attack, but he refuses because they are in love. Once close enough Ladybug throws her yo-yo at Glaciator, and, upon hitting something inside, discovers that André isn't the monster but inside of it.
She gets pulled by the villain until Cat Noir cuts him down, taking cover behind a nearby building. Needing to hurry before everyone melts, Ladybug summons her Lucky Charm, receiving a motorcycle helmet. Using the objects around her, she has the idea to make a propeller, and with Cat Noir's Cataclysm, they are able to blow all the ice cream off of him. After André is untied, Cat Noir grabs the akumatized object and tosses it to Ladybug. Once the akuma is released, she purifies it and uses her Miraculous Ladybug (superpower) to return everything to normal. André is amazed that his ice cream has been saved by a superhero couple and hugs them both. Seeing Ladybug giving him a teasing smile, Cat Noir shrugs and says that he hadn't said anything, then grins up at André. However, Hawk Moth vows for revenge.
Arriving at the date spot, Ladybug tells Cat Noir that his set-up is amazing, and that she is glad she came, but also says that she doesn't want to play with his feelings or lie to him. Ladybug says she considers him more than just her partner but also a dear friend. He asks her why she's talking about lying to him, and she honestly tells him that her heart is set on someone else. When Cat Noir asks who, she says that they must keep their personal lives a secret, and that they have no choice. Holding a red rose, he gives her a sad look. Then, coming extremely close to her, Cat Noir gives Ladybug a warm smile as well as the rose, then tells her that he understands, and that she's his best friend too. He kisses Ladybug on the cheek, startling her slightly, and tells her she can keep the rose, as it goes with her costume, before taking off and leaving her gazing at where he'd just been and blushing. She then turns around and watches him leave, stunned.
Back at his room, Plagg says that if Adrien is lovesick, the only way to feel better is to eat cheese, but Adrien tells him he's not lovesick, and he is sure Ladybug will love him as much as he loves her someday. But he accepts that his friendship with her as the greatest gift he can have at the moment. This much talk about love makes Plagg sick and in a desperate need for cheese.
Marinette arrives at André's ice cream, delighting him with her presence. He then offers to make her another cone, which she finds delicious. When he asks her if she still doesn't believe that his ice cream can make people's heart melt, she says "never say never" and wishes André a good day. Sitting down at one end of the bridge, she shares of her ice cream with Tikki, which the kwami finds tasty. Meanwhile, Adrien arrives at André's stand, hearing that his ice cream is magical, and André asks the boy what he thinks. He agrees with him, making André happy, and he gives Adrien a cone in the design of Ladybug. Adrien says he'll André see soon, walking to the other side of the bridge before the ending card appears.
- Tom Dupain
- Sabine Cheng
- Nathalie Sancoeur
- Alya Césaire
- Nino Lahiffe
- Ivan Bruel
- Mylène Haprèle
- Wayhem (non-speaking)
- Adrien's bodyguard (background)
- August's mother (background)
- August (background)
- Jean Duparc (background)
- Chloé Bourgeois (pictured)
- Sabrina Raincomprix (pictured)
- Rose Lavillant (pictured)
- Juleka Couffaine (pictured)
- Lê Chiến Kim (pictured)
- Max Kanté (pictured)
- Alix Kubdel (pictured)
- Nathaniel Kurtzberg (pictured)
- Caline Bustier (pictured)
- Mr. Damocles (pictured)
- Aurore Beauréal (pictured)
- Mireille Caquet (pictured)
- This episode was scheduled to premiere on TFOU on December 17, 2017, but it did not air due to production issues.
- Wilfried Pain, in an interview, revealed that there is a "hard and emotional" scene for characters in this episode that he worked on.
- The balcony scene was first revealed on September 8, 2016, as a gift to fans in its storyboard version featuring Marinette and Cat Noir.
- A banner for the new weather girl competition from "Stormy Weather" can be seen on the bus.
- When pictures of couples who have eaten André's ice cream are shown, one of them features the famous French couple, Marcel Cerdan and Édith Piaf.
- Marinette mentions Cat Noir saving her from a supervillain who loved her, referencing the events with the titular villain in "The Evillustrator".
- Tom reveals to Marinette that he proposed to Sabine by hiding the ring in a scoop of vanilla ice cream while they were at André's ice cream stand.
- The class photo from "Reflekta" is in Marinette's photo frame in her bedroom.
- It is revealed that the original body of the akumatized person can, in some cases, still physically remain.
- When Adrien is texting Nino on his phone, the text is in scribble lines instead of the usual French or English text.
- Marinette learns that Cat Noir's romantic feelings for her are genuine.
- This episode shows that Nino and Alya are a couple after they got locked up in the cage in "Animan".
- Because her design is a common background model, August's mother can be seen in and be exiting the bus despite shown to be crossing the street beforehand with her baby. She is also seen with two different young men in the "couples" who escaped Glaciator's wrath, as well as dancing with another man in André's fantasy song.
- In one scene, a few parts of Ladybug's hair are gray.
- When Ladybug is hugging Cat Noir's arm, her left eye is completely closed, while her right is slightly opened.
- In several scenes throughout the episode, Adrien's bangs are straight and long instead of tucked back with the rest of his hair.
- While Nino is trying to find clues to André's location, his phone is discolored yellow, resembling that of Chloé's.
- As common in many episodes of Season 2, Alya's bangs are miscolored through out the episode.
- In some scenes of the episode, Cat Noir's bell is discolored silver instead of being gold.
- At one point, Adrien's phone states the time as 19:37 when it's supposed to be 18:37.
- The little spoons in Marinette's ice cream are supposed to be yellow and orange, but when she shares a spoonful with Tikki, they are purple and violet instead.
Click here to view the gallery.