|Major Spoiler Warning|
This page contains major spoilers from an episode(s) that has not aired in the US yet.
|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for the character.|
|“|| "Woah, this is a first for the Ladyblog. A brand new superhero! What's your name?"
"Ah... Uh.. Carapace! Call me Carapace!"
"See you later, bugheads!"
"And stay connected!"
Click here to see spoilers for an unaired episode plot.
While Nino and Alya are sync dancing to a game, Marinette and Adrien are watching (the latter though a phone) and admiring their friends' being so synchronized. Adrien expresses hope that he'll have that same connection with someone one day, but not until his father starts letting him out of the house more often. Marinette asks Adrien if he really can't come with them. Adrien reminds Marinette of his father's overprotectiveness but believes that he'll eventually realize that he's no longer a child. Soon after Nino and Alya finish the game, Alya's older sister Nora walks in, just recently returned from a boxing match. Wondering why they were up so late, Alya reveals that she and her friends were spending time together before it grew dark so that they could watch the World Cup fireworks on the ferris wheel. Nora argues against this, believing that it is too dangerous since there's been a lot of akumatized people in Paris lately and that Alya should stay home where it's safe. Alya stands her ground, even reminding Nora that the twins were akumatized at home. Nora, however, believes that wouldn't have happened if she'd been around since she always looks out for her family. This prompts Marinette and Alya to recall a time where Nora mistook a man in a banana costume who was handing out flyers for an akumatized victim and attacked him. Embarrassed, Nora claims that it was an honest mistake and says that unless they learn to defend themselves, they must stay where it's safe. Nino claims that he can protect Alya if she's ever in danger, but Nora merely laughs this off. With things looking that they would have to go without Alya, Marinette suggests that Nino can beat Nora in an arm-wrestling, adding that he was stronger than he looked. Alya doesn't want the two to arm-wrestle over her and Adrien even warns Nino of Nora's strength, but a match is still declared. With Adrien serving as referee, Nino and Nora start arm-wrestling, but Nino fails to pull Nora's arm down. Marinette distracts Nora by pretending to see an akuma and and pulls her arm down when no one is looking. Nino is declared the winner. Despite Nora insisting that they cheated, Alya becomes fed up with Nora's overprotectiveness and leaves with her friends to watch the fireworks.
Sensing Nora's anger, Hawk Moth sends an akuma after her. It infects her boxing helmet and Hawk Moth offers Nora the power to show her sister how dangerous the world can be in exchange for Ladybug and Cat Noir's Miraculouses. Nora accepts the deal and is transformed into Anansi, a giant spiderwoman.
Meanwhile at the ferris wheel, Marinette, Adrien on the phone, Alya, and Nino are watching the fireworks, though Nino sulks for feeling like he can't protect Alya but still insists that he would if such moment came. Soon after, by Adrien's warning, the other notice that a new akumatized victim is attacking the ferris wheel. Faking a loss of signal, Adrien hangs up and transforms into Cat Noir while the others are attacked by Anansi, whom her sister and friends realize is really Nora. Cat Noir soon comes to the scene, though is distracted when Anansi destroys the ferris wheel by pushing it to the river, forcing Cat Noir to save the people inside. Meanwhile, Anansi take Alya and after briefly making fun of Nino, flees with her hostage. Nino follows in an attempt to save Alya and angrily tells Marinette off when she tries to persuade him to stay away. Realizing that she messed up, Marinette hides and transforms into Ladybug.
Ladybug arrives to Cat Noir's side just as he finishes saving the passengers of the ferris wheel, and the duo take off to find Alya and Nino. They soon find themselves in an archway where Anansi had created a giant spiderweb and stuck Alya at its center. Nino attempts to get Anansi to let Alya go, but she responds by throwing him in the air. Ladybug saves Nino just in time and tells him to leave Anansi to the pros, but Nino follows Ladybug and Cat Noir back to where Anansi is.
Ladybug instructs Cat Noir to go save Alya while she distracts Anansi but unfortuately, Cat Noir gets caught in the web, too. Between trying to save Cat Noir and keeping Nino safe, Ladybug calls for her Lucky Charm and receives a candle. Ladybug quickly realizes what she must do, but hesitates because of the current situation. Nino offers to help but then expresses doubt over whether he's actually capable of helping since he's not physically strong, but Ladybug assures him that courage and determination also determine strength. She gives him Cat Noir's staff and tells him to use it to distract Anansi while she's gone. Nino agress and Ladybug takes off.
Anansi tries to find Cat Noir's earrings, unaware that his Miraculous is actually a ring, until Hawk Moth clarifies this for her. But before she can grab it, Nino challenges Anansi once more and uses Cat Noir's staff to fight her off.
Meanwhile, Marinette arrives at Master Fu's place and frantically explains the situation to him. He quickly pulls out the Miraculous Box and tells Marinette to chose a Miraculous and a trusted ally to help her fight alongside her and return the Miraculous once she is finished. Marinette realizes that she needs a protective Miraculous and asks Master Fu for his. Though surprised, he agrees and asks her if she has someone in mind. Marinette takes the Turtle Miraculous from him and declares that she knows just the right person.
Ladybug returns to the scene just in time to save Nino once again. With him gone, Anansi prepares to take Cat Noir's Miraculous, but he calls on his Cataclysm before she can. Hawk Moth tells Anansi to wait until Cat Noir detransforms before taking it from him, and she reluctantly agrees.
Ladybug asks Nino to help her again, to which he agrees. Ladybug presents him with the Turtle Miraculous and Nino opens up the Miraculous box. Wayzz appears and Nino asks him if he's a genie, to which Wayzz replies that he's actually a kwami and although he can't grant wishes, he can give him superpowers. Ladybug tells Nino that he must return the Miraculous to her once the mission is over. Nino understands and transforms into a turtle-theme superhero. Ladybug then calls on her Lucky Charm again, receiving boxing gloves this time. While her new partner hesitates at the Lucky Charm, wondering if it means Ladybug should take Anansi head-on, Ladybug comes up with a plan and after telling the new hero that he must protect them when the time comes, the duo return to the scene. While the new hero distracts Anansi, Ladybug uses her yo-yo to create a makeshift ring under the archway and taunts Anansi to a real boxing fight. Hawk Moth realizes that it's a trap and warns Anansi, but she doesn't listen, confident in her abilties. Rather than fighting, however, Ladybug makes use of Anansi's confidence and dodges her punches, causing the supervillain to punch the archway instead and make it crumble. She and the new hero then reach Alya and Cat Noir and the new hero uses his power of Shellter to protect the group from the falling archway and free them from the spiderweb. Now freed, Cat Noir expresses worry about being replaced by a turtle, but Ladybug tells him now is not the time as Anansi remerges, one of her legs caught in the rubble. Cat Noir uses his power against Anansi's helmet, destroying it and freeing the akuma. Ladybug purifies the akuma, returning Paris and Nora back to normal. Unable to fist-bump with Ladybug due to his ring uncharging, Cat Noir prepares to take off, but before he does, Ladybug reminds him that he's unreplacable. Ladybug then fist-bumps with the turtle-themed hero and Alya, who is recording everything for her Ladyblog, asks for the hero's name. He introduces himself as Carapace before taking off with Ladybug. In an alley, Carapace detransforms and Nino gives the Turtle Miraculous back to Ladybug. Nino thanks Ladybug for believing in him and Ladybug in turn assures Nino that he was a true superhero. Hawk Moth comments on how Ladybug may be gaining more allies, but she may still find herself outnumbered one day.
Marinette and Nino rush back to where Alya and Nora are. Nino pretends as if he doesn't know what happened and asks if everyone's okay. Alya reassurres him that she's fine and tells him that she saw him try and save her. Nora apologizes for all the trouble she caused, admitting that she did lose the match against Nino. However, Marinette admits that she helped Nino win and apologizes. Nora assures her that everything is good between them and then Nino suggests bring Nora along when they go to the ice rink next week. Alya finds this to be a great idea since she hasn't spend time with her big sister in a long time. The end card appears with Marinette, Nino, Alya, and Nora on an ice skating rink.
- Marinette Dupain-Cheng/Ladybug
- Adrien Agreste/Cat Noir
- Nino Lahiffe/Carapace
- Hawk Moth
- Nora Césaire/Anansi
- Alya Césaire
- Wang Fu
- Ella and Etta Césaire (flashback)
- Pharaoh (flashback)
- Prime Queen (flashback)
- Befana (flashback)
- Mrs. Michelle (background)
- Otis Césaire (mentioned)
- Marlena Césaire (mentioned)
- This episode is possibly based on the African folktale "Anansi and the Turtle", which touches on the topic of sharing.
- This episode takes place after "The Pharaoh", "Prime Queen", "Befana", and "Sapotis".
- Carapace makes his debut in this episode, although he gives his Miraculous back to Ladybug after they defeat Anansi.
- Marinette is visibly unhappy when she transforms into Ladybug, similar to her transformation in "The Bubbler", "A Christmas Special", and "Zombizou".
- The Cataclysm activation sequence isn't shown.
- Carapace's power activation sequence is not shown, either.
- Tikki and Plagg don't have speaking roles in this episode.
- Anansi is one of the few villains that Hawk Moth doesn't name, as "Anansi" is Nora's stage name when she fights in the ring.
- The World Cup is mentioned in this episode. This is befitting, since France won the 2018 World Cup.
- It is hinted that Alya may know the true identity of Carapace.
- When Nino first meets Wayzz, he asks him if he's a genie, similar to how Adrien first describes Plagg in "Ladybug & Cat Noir (Origins - Part 1)"
- Ladybug giving the Turtle Miraculous to Nino is similar to how she gives Alya the Fox Miraculous in "Sapotis".
- Additionally, Nino gives back his Miraculous to Ladybug without a second thought, whereas Alya hesitates at first and asks Ladybug if she can keep it.
- This episode shows that Cat Noir's staff can be used by other people.
- In this episode, Hawk Moth hints at his future plan in the Heroes' Day to outnumber the heroes.
- When Ladybug says "Throw like a ladybug, scratch like a cat," she is referencing the quote from the famous boxer Muhammad Ali, who said, "Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee. The hands can't hit what the eyes can't see."
- When Nora calls Cat Noir "Mister Whiskers", she is referencing to a protagonist from the Disney Channel show "Brandy and Mr. Whiskers".
- When Hawk Moth is plotting for revenge, his gloves are white.
- Marinette pulls Nora's and Nino's hands down, with no one else noticing; however, Adrien's view should have lined up with Marinette's actions, so he should have noticed.
- Additionally, if Marinette was able to pull down Nora's arm while she was distracted, Nino should have been able to as well.
- Whenever Adrien is seen talking to Marinette while she is seen holding her phone, he looks upward so it would look like he was looking at Marinette during their video chat, although he should not be able to see Marinette at that angle since that would mean that every time he tries to look at Marinette, he looks up to the ceiling of his room.
- When Marinette goes to get a Miraculous from Master Fu, her eyebrow disappears for a split second.
- The bottom row of the Miraculous jewelry box does not open when the camera revolves around it, unlike in Sapotis. However, the bottom row of the box is open in the next shot.
- Alya's bangs are miscolored red.
- Alya's hair is miscolored yellow when she in the Ferris wheel in some shots.
Click here to view the gallery.